Home

New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

This is a discussion on New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #33
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: New speed curve = Poor Pursuit Angles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyCane
This has always been a problem since....forever. Defenders have always been takin the wrong angles. I guess the problem is even bigger this year.
Actually it was the opposite in the early PS2/Xbox days. Remember when you'd have the corner on a running play and you figured you had a long TD run but then inside the 5-yard line or so some CB who came from way across the field would tackle you? He took the perfect angle to flag you down, like he paused for a sec, calculated the Pythagorean Theory and figured out exactly what yardline he could catch you at if he ran in a straight diagonal line.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-18-2008, 05:33 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 21

Pursuit......

Old 07-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #35
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I didn't buy the game because of a lot of other flaws that I knew would make me give up on the game after a very short while. This pursuit angle problem hadn't even been discovered yet. After seeing these clips, this alone would have been enough for me to take the game out of the tray and never put it back in again.

There have been issues with pursuit before, but I can't remember anything as bad as this.(I didn't play the last gen '08 version)

If you can ignore this and still play the game, then I salute you, because there is no way I would be able to tolerate this at all.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I didn't buy the game because of a lot of other flaws that I knew would make me give up on the game after a very short while. This pursuit angle problem hadn't even been discovered yet. After seeing these clips, this alone would have been enough for me to take the game out of the tray and never put it back in again.

There have been issues with pursuit before, but I can't remember anything as bad as this.(I didn't play the last gen '08 version)

If you can ignore this and still play the game, then I salute you, because there is no way I would be able to tolerate this at all.
The frustrating part about all this is they did alot right with this game but all the other stuff just puts stink all over the game. Hopefully it can be fixed with a patch ...and soon.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:44 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Wow that is ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »