Home

NCAA 09 for PS2?

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 for PS2? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
NCAA 09 for PS2?

I've heard really good things about NCAA 09 on PS2, especially dynatsy stuff...

Just curious on what the new stuff is or what is good about it...

I've been playing NCAA 08 and I'm thinking about getting 09 but i'm not sure... I usually get new EA games every 2 years, so if i buy 08 i probably won't get another until 2010 version comes out...

any thoughts, views, opinions, etc. would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 09 for PS2?

well... at least, did they fix the player promise bug where the promises don't disappear after a player graduates? So that i have a 6'6, 350 guard that is requesting to play QB?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

You should get 09, its probably the best NCAA there is. Not to mention KleShreen just finished rosters for FBS schools.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
You should get 09, its probably the best NCAA there is. Not to mention KleShreen just finished rosters for FBS schools.
I agree. I passed on the PS3 version and I am glad I did. PS2 version plays great.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Agree with the consensus of the topic. PS2 is where its at this year. I've messed around with the sliders a bit, and its playing damn near perfect for me. A little more tweaking (I'm really not used to doing my own sliders), and I'll have a great game, personally. Last year I wasn't excited to play it after the first few weeks, and couldn't stick with a dynasty, but I don't forsee that problem this year.

As soon as I fit a pass over a LB and in front of a DB for a catch, I was hooked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Just out of curiousity, a couple of quick questions for the PS2:

Did they update the playbooks even more from last year?

Are FGs still automatic for both the CPU and USER. The CPU never missed FGs.

Are you still able to block a ton of XPs and FGs? That was way overdone last year and annoying.

How are the kick returns and punt returns? Is it still easy to return about one a game? I think this was a result of poor pursuit angles in '08.

I played the XBOX version a lot last year after I returned my 360 copy and enjoyed the game quite a bit.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I swear if it had online dynasty, I would go out and switch. Then again, since dynasty doesn't work anyway, I might still do it.

I'll be starting grad school soon, so I'll only have time to play one game. It will probably be between Madden 09 for PS3 and NCAA 09 for PS2. We'll see just how good Madden will be.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Just out of curiousity, a couple of quick questions for the PS2:

Did they update the playbooks even more from last year?

Are FGs still automatic for both the CPU and USER. The CPU never missed FGs.

Are you still able to block a ton of XPs and FGs? That was way overdone last year and annoying.

How are the kick returns and punt returns? Is it still easy to return about one a game? I think this was a result of poor pursuit angles in '08.

I played the XBOX version a lot last year after I returned my 360 copy and enjoyed the game quite a bit.

Thanks guys.
I've really only played with UCLA, and despite the coaching change, the roster seems to be pretty much the same as last year, except for one or two changes in terms of formations. I did check out Georgia Tech, and they're running what was basically Navy's PB last year. Not sure if thats what you're asking, though. I haven't dived head first into the PBs, so if they added formations, I haven't seen it.

Haven't put in a ton of time, and played mostly with UCLA, who have a pretty good kicker, so I haven't had problems kicking FGs. It does seem like the same 'super-legs' thing is in again, but it seems solve-able with sliders to a degree.

Again, not a ton of playing time in, but I haven't blocked a kick yet. Did get a running into the kicker penalty. I do notice I tend to play like I did last year, though, not running kick block on every kick.

Same with punts, I don't tend to try and return everyone, old habits die hard. I've been doing middle return, and have some success, but IIRC, most of the returns last year were on the left/right return set-ups.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I have a question of my own, though. Has anyone tried sliders from PS2 '08, and, if so, how do they work out for you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »