Home

I cant believe Im saying this BUT!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on I cant believe Im saying this BUT!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: I cant believe Im saying this BUT!!!!!!!

I'm willing to bet that you clowns who are singing this games praises, are people who got your heads handed to you in NCAA 08.

Now, you have a game where you see your 88 speed WR, outrun a secondary full of guys with 90+ speeds after the catch, and youa re now shouting "Hallelujah!! Look at the great offense!!"

You guys do release that the "improved" "wide open" offense, isnt a result of the offense getting any better, but the defense being SIGNIFICANTLY worse, right?

Ive probably played about 20 Play Now games vs the CPU since release date, and I cannot see how anyone with a rational mind can just be okay with what they are seeing.

And online? hahaha. So far I havent lost online because I caught on pretty early that if you do not try to manually cover something, you will have no chance against anyone with half a clue on how to read a "defense" in this years game.

Is it fun? sure, OFFENSE is quite "fun" until you realize that scoring is about as easy as posting up your little bother in a game of pickup basketball and beating him 11-0.

What isnt fun is seeing foolish things happen on a possesion by possesion basis that have no business occuring.

And showing a video where Tedd Ginn dusts a LB to demonstrate pursuit angles, is kind of like showing a Ferrari passing a Volkswagon as an example of how well drafting works.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 07-19-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #58
stewaat

OVR:

The game is fun but a couple problems are making me currently have a tough time enjoying it.

#1- I want to use accurate rosters in my dynasty...the bug is stopping me from starting a dynasty. Once that gets fixed I'll be happy.
#2- I'm scared that online dynasties will be ruin by the issues people keep posting here. I want this feature to work SO BAD! Obviously my sig will take you to a site I've spent a good amount of time on...I'd hate to see online dynasties ruined. I was really looking forward to our dynasty!

I like the game and #1 is going to get fixed. I can live with some poor AI and incompleteness here and there. Overall if the roster patch works and the online dynasty problems are handled/resolved...I'll be a very happy camper.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBB15
What football game has ever been realistic? not any 2k, Madden, Ncaa, Fever, etc.

Any other football game ever released, has never been close to realism, because i could list over easily 20 gameplay problems with every game u think is "realistic"...

so I dont know what people are expecting, just because its 09, people expect to see a game like they would on CBS....

well lemme tell u something... other games may have had better pass rushing and pursuit angles, but i could list much MORE things that is does have better gameplay than the past...

The thing is, people think theyre easily impressed and satisfied because they know exactly what they want, then they realize something isnt in the game... and they freak out, go online, try to find others who will complain just like them to make them feel better.... but in the end, youre really just nitpicking and bitching, because football games have never progresed to match peoples expectations, mine or yours.....so ive concluded people are just whiners here. or young...
Excellent post my friend!

I went out and bought the game this morning (despite 95% of the reviews being negative) and am thoroughly enjoying it. I do consider myself to be a sim-head, but I also have realistic approach to all video games and realize that no matter how good a game is, it will have tons of flaws if you look hard enough for them.

Realistically, every game (even The Show and the NBA 2K series - which are absolutely outsanding) can be "arcadey" should you choose to play that way. Part of making a game a "true-sim" is the way you choose to play the game. If you play NCAA '09 similar to the way your team would be playing on Saturday, it's a pretty solid sim in my opinion.

Could it be better? Sure, of course. It definitely has its issues. But does does the show. So did NBA 2K8. So did the great NFL 2K5.

If you're on the fence as to whether or not to purchase this game, I would suggest renting it first - don't just read all of the negative comments on here and decide this game isn't worth purchasing. It's a must own for any college football fan in my opinion. And if Madden is basically the same game (on the field) with some additional tweaks, I will be a very happy man this fall.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I'm willing to bet that you clowns who are singing this games praises, are people who got your heads handed to you in NCAA 08.

Now, you have a game where you see your 88 speed WR, outrun a secondary full of guys with 90+ speeds after the catch, and youa re now shouting "Hallelujah!! Look at the great offense!!"
Wow you could not be more wrong. 08 Had ZERO defensive strategy. Now the game does have it and people are complaining. And the Tedd Ginn was to show how when you have a 94+ rated speed RB/WR, LB are not going to run side by side, they are going to take a 45degree angle and try to cut him off. THis could be portrayed a little better but its pretty close
Old 07-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
You'd be wrong. But I get the feeling that is par for the course fo you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 08:10 PM   #62
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Wow you could not be more wrong. 08 Had ZERO defensive strategy. Now the game does have it and people are complaining. And the Tedd Ginn was to show how when you have a 94+ rated speed RB/WR, LB are not going to run side by side, they are going to take a 45degree angle and try to cut him off. THis could be portrayed a little better but its pretty close
appreciate what you're trying to say, but time after time in this game, you can take a guy with 80 speed and get them go untouched down the sideline as the defenders make their angles but then cut off the angles as they reach the sideline and run parallel to the sideline with the ball carrier.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #63
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't think the game is that bad at all, I would just like to be able to start a dynasty without the game freezing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »