Home

Running With Big/Power Backs

This is a discussion on Running With Big/Power Backs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Running With Big/Power Backs

Establish a passing game as well, to open the inside. With speed backs, you can cut back into lanes all over the place, but with big backs, you kind of have to stay between the tackles.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols1985
Yeah, I'm a senior too. I wish I was closer to campus man, I have a class in Ayers this summer. I still don't understand why me, a history major, has to take a math class lol. If I didn't, I wouldn't have to walk my fat *** up The Hill every day.

But anyway, I play on AA, thinking about switching to Heisman now that I have a few games under my belt.
Ah, the UT math requirement jinx. I'm fresh off of a B+ in Math 123 for the first summer session, and followed that up with an early drop in Math 125 in the second. It's like Nasa Math in there. 2 numbers separate those two classes? REALLY? SERIOUSLY? but that's UT.
And don't get me started on walking up Mt. Hill. I have to every damn day. Then you're there with a fresh brow of sweat, but nobody's panting because nobody wants the person next to them to know how out of shape they really are.
It ain't like they couldn't walk around to the other side and ask all the smart kids in that Engineering building how to build a damn escalator or a sky lift to the top of that high chair to heaven. But yeah, right now..it really sucks that they've got UT completely and utterly outclassed by Florida. SMH, this could be ugly come fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
I thought it was just me. I use Mississippi State and I cannot establish a ground game with Anthony Dixon. I'm averaging under 3 yds per carry with dixon which is pathetic. The sad thing is, I've always been very good at running the ball, but I cannot run with a big back to save my life. I played a game with Florida State and had a nice game with Smith, but I cannot use a big back.

With that said, when I was messing around on All-American(I play on heisman normally), I was able to have a decent running game with Dixon. Maybe I should play AA more to get a better feel for running with power backs.
I think All American might be where it's at. I'm finding renewed success and enjoyability with this game after a few more honest tries.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #11
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah it is a little harder this year with the power backs. They have toned downed the truck move and stiff arm. You just got to be a lil more patient with the power guys. I get them to consistently get around 5 yards a carry but they just don't seem to break the big run like the fast guys do.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »