Home

Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

This is a discussion on Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
I absolutely love this game, especially online play. Me and brother battle constantly, and have been for years. I agree with everything you said in your article. One other note you really need to understand how to run a defense to stop the offense this year. Im 30 yrs old and a former div 2 safety, and it took me a couple of games to understand it, but i'll make the computer punt at least 5 or 6 times in a 6 min game on heisman using penn st.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

Its getting better. I don't think the game is a 9. The issues hold it back. And I cant believe how they say defense is fun in all the trailers and interviews. Yeah, I guess if you enjoy giving up every 10 yard out/in route or quick slant and then having to hope your defender isn't a victim of a highlight stick murdering then sure, Its fun. I also don't like the idea of every pass my DB can get to being an int. Thats not fun nor realistic.

It seems too wide open in the sense that things like picks, or picks for 6, big runs, and deep routes going for a score are too possible and too frequent. But like you said slider settings can help improve that problem. Overall I enjoy NCAA...offline.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

The game is fun but far from a "great" football experience. I'm hoping that Madden 09 can provide a better football fix. I can honestly say that the defensive issues are a big issue with me when it comes to appreciating the game. I'm really starting to get tired of my db's and linebackers just giving up big plays up the middle. Whether you control the linebackers are not, whether you play zone or man....the middle of the field is virtually automatic. I can deal with the other issues the game has, but as a defensive player, I'm not loving this at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
This game is great if you like playing offence and scoring a lot of points.

However to anyone that likes playing defence, or a sim style game its a slap in the face.

And I think saying this game is a few small things away from greatness is a huge overstatement.
I REALLY enjoy defense. But like you say, this year I am slapped in the face.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #13
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

[quote=dbrandon;2038519048

PS: the guy at the gamestop where I got the game said they have had more of this years game returned then any year he could remember over the last few year so at least it's not just me.[/QUOTE]

Jeez...If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that on these forums for any given game, I'd be rich. Somehow every game is "returned at a greater rate than any other year," according to every ones local gamestop.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

Is there some law that reviewers cannot just come out and say : "This game just flat out aint that good people" ??

I mean really, is it that hard?
Old 07-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Chirs, which sliders are you using to yield your "realistic results?" Just wondering because I am still looking to find a set that does this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
If EA wants to make an Arcade, offensive shoot-out game, I'm fine with that. All I'm asking is they make the sliders work, so people like me can have a realistic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »