Home

Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

This is a discussion on Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Despite Flaws, NCAA 09 a Great Experience

^^It is not about the db's not running wild anymore. It is the fact that they are clueless, can't cover certain routes and run the wrong way in coverage alot. I would rather have superhuman cb's than ones that belong in the special olympics. Also let's be honest the pass rush is broken. Watch this play and tell me otherwise.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/39643

That is North Texas online maintaining your so called "pocket" for 12 seconds against Mizzou's d-line with pass block at 0 and human break block at 100. The pass rush and pass coverage are broken as simply as that, don't know why people keep on defending EA for breaking three parts of the game: pass rush, pass coverage and punt/kick returns. To think this is the third year in this gen. Maybe we will get a great game by 2011.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
If you improve your user skills then defense becomes a lot easier. Stop allowing the computer to make plays for you. Take control of the situation.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
MVP

^^^Hmm really I didn't know you could control more than one defensive players. Oh that's right you can't. I normally play as the safety but if the other cpu controlled players like the cbs and lbs can't cover at all what good does that do. You can only do so much controlling one player.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5
I have haven't had the same issues on defense as everyone... I have noticed a ton of pick 6's to my dissapointment, but I have also had a lot of good defensive battles with low scores and low production from both the running and passing games on their parts.

I also have no proof in that video that the sliders are as you state. So for all I know you did the complete opposite trying to really beat a dead horse with your piont. Not to mention I've played plenty of games and gotten plenty of sacks, leading me to believe the system isn't as broken as people state.

If you would stop nitpicking the game maybe you could allow yourself to, I don't know, actually have fun? Try it against human opponents as well, it's an entirely different experience and takes away a lot of the issues. This game is solid, I don't care what anyone says. A lot more things are right about the game than the few things that are 'broken'.

Last edited by distauma; 07-19-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #29
MVP

^^^Let's see the majority of people feel the pass rush and pass coverage are messed up but you think your right and everybody is wrong even though your in the minorty.

Lets summarize the things that are either broken or messed up: Pass Rush, Pass Coverage, Sliders, Rosters, Glitches like the magnet catch glitch that are still in the game for whatever reason

That doesn't leave much.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you want to be technical about it... in actuality you are part of a vocal minority. One of the biggest problems with internet forums are that people join together in anonymity and just start complaining about everything, somewhat warranted but not to the degree that it goes on.

The true majority are the people who don't give a damn about these technical errors and don't go to a forum to find out what other people think about a game. They make up minds for themselves and just go out and have fun playing.

You want a broken game go play MLB 2k8. NCAA '09 is very far from broken, and could have been something great if it didn't have some of the flaws, and yet it still is an awesome experience.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #31
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

There are ALOT of people complaining about everything mgoblue has said and the big thing for me is the lack of pass rushing. There is no way in hell North Texas could pass protect againt Mizzou's DLine like that... and that ruins it for me.

It pains me to think I won't be playing some NCAA this year, especially since my Mizzou Tigers are finally a powerhouse team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #32
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Great game..better when patches come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »