Home

HELLO EA: THIS A PENALTY

This is a discussion on HELLO EA: THIS A PENALTY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: HELLO EA: THIS A PENALTY

^^^How do you ship a game with pass coverage, pass coverage and punt/kick return all being broken? Who knows , it's EA.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #10
Rookie

ajordan46's Arena

OVR: 1

I have a promblem with this too... it happen to me when i was playing online with 2 secs left in the 2nd half and there goes noel devine for 6. I was too pissed
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

I guess its because of no slider. If there was a slider, it would be in the game, but the slider wouldn't work.

I posted another penalty issue in the bug thread with offensive players running out of bounds and then catching a pass. The CPU scored a TD on me doing that and my RB got wide open by doing that. Both times the CPU controlled defender let the guy go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

I see no clip, nor an illegal block in the back in the video you post.

The difference would be that I (and apparently someone at EA) know the rules regarding blocking on the line of scrimmage.

Without getting too detailed, there are provisions for blocking lineman in the back legally within a certain area of where the ball is at the snap.

The rule book is available online to download for free, so now you have no more excuses for crying 'Foul' without being educated in the actual rules of the game.

And, hence, kudos for EA on this one. There may be things about which to justly complain regarding this game, but you missed on this one.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
MVP

^^^Yep I have seen that too. Probally because they are missing ineligibile receiver as a penalty along with block in the back. Seems like they have been doing penalties pretty lazily the last couple of years.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #14
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I have yet to see a clipping/block in the back penalty in NCAA 09. I don't believe they included the penalty this year. Kind of the like the facemask penalty of '07 and '08. Something "new" every year in the penalty arena.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #15
MVP

^^^Ya but last year with the facemask thing, it wasn't called because there was no animation for it. That was slightly annoying but this is infurating because there is an animation that happens all the time and effects the game. Completely different. I have seen clipping penalties called to but not on that animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #16
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennepetal
I see no clip, nor an illegal block in the back in the video you post.

The difference would be that I (and apparently someone at EA) know the rules regarding blocking on the line of scrimmage.

Without getting too detailed, there are provisions for blocking lineman in the back legally within a certain area of where the ball is at the snap.

The rule book is available online to download for free, so now you have no more excuses for crying 'Foul' without being educated in the actual rules of the game.

And, hence, kudos for EA on this one. There may be things about which to justly complain regarding this game, but you missed on this one.
Hey it's Dr. Rulebook.

The only 2 penalties I've seen called in 20+ games with mostly maxed penalty sliders is holding (about 5 times) false start (about 25 times-always on me trying to negate the jump snap) and offsides (about 10 times pretty even both teams and again because HTS) - so I'd have to say that EA gets no kudos from me on penalties.

The number of blocks in the back I've seen in the open field are pretty amazing and this guy just happening to post one on the line is hardly crying foul.

I'd wager a bet you'd lose if EA purposely programmed that particular play into the AI to not be called because it doesn't break NCAA rules.

Now you're just being a silly goose. Or a devil's advocate. Or an EA apologizer.

It's more like it's one of the many uncalled blocks in the back that happen all over the field this year, rather than a purposely programmed move by EA.

I'll argue that some of these gameplay flaws are a little blown out of proportion, but penalties and penalty sliders are not one of the glowing aspects of NCAA Football 2009.

Last edited by umd; 07-19-2008 at 10:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »