Home

pump faking as you drop back = cheese

This is a discussion on pump faking as you drop back = cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
pump faking as you drop back = cheese

ive seen this done with 60% of the people i play
while the ai is automatically dropping you back they pump fake 2-3 times
it messes up the defense and leaves people wide open(even with zone defense)
this was a problem in madden 08 and has carried over into ncaa

and if someone doesnt pump fake they just hike and drop back 10+ yards or hike & dart to the sidelines

arrrrrgh ea, fix this mess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: pump faking as you drop back = cheese

Not a problem for me I play sim and offline.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

How about all the people who complain about online play start a thread, then play each other with some basic house rules.

Most of the people you are going to play against randomly will do stuff like this. They have no concept of the strategy of football...only the "game" of football so they are going to run and chuck the whole game.

Can EA really fix someone hiking it around running to the outside every play? Every human league I have ever been in for any sports game always had to have house rules.

People will always find a way to take advantage of the AI no matter how good it us.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

Personally I do not get joy from a "ranked" online game. With that said I would still consider what they are doing "cheese". They are exploiting the games programming.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
Banned

its just annoying that this style of game carries from ncaa thru madden year after year

and guess what happens when no one is open after they roll the qb all the way out to the sidelines..........you guessed right, they continue running upfield

for the love of god, make the de's come off their blocks. how can an olineman blocking inside, continue to block the de when the de is going outside(to get the scrambling qb) without getting a holding call?

and please if you drop the qb back more than 7-8 yards do something about it, people drop back 12-13 yards(to avoid any type of blitz) then throw a 20 yard pass for a 6 yard gain....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

As long as thre is Online there will be cheesers. Thats why I never play online
Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ran into 2 cheesers last night and beat them both. If you can run the ball on a cheeser they get fustrated and predictable. I just run cover 4 and go up for the long bombs, some times i get an INT and sometimes i get burned, but its a great feeling beating them.

That being said its fustrating losing to cheese. I have always said, there should be a room tha says no cheesers. EA allows you to open rooms, so why dont people do it?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Rookie

I never knew about this. I will use pump fake when my opponent is playing over the middle.

And the complaining of people rolling out non stop needs to stop. CONTAIN!!! Contain has some minor flaws in the game but most of the time it does its job.

I have a problem witht he sprinting backwards after the snap and then throwing it right away. It is not hard to get this to stop EA. Have the qb slip a little when he tries to do a 180 and throw it 35 yards. Or just have his ratings go down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »