Home

(Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

This is a discussion on (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 33
Re: (Recap) Designer vs. OS Member: TheFuture (UT) vs. AuburnAlumni (Troy)

Are we alowed to use sliders online???? Or is every ranked game default All-American?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #42
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Fixing the pass rush would go a long way in fixing many of the problems in the game. However, I do have some other concerns, not many, but they are there.

1. Pass Rush

2. Zone coverage. Many times LBs or DBs will literally just stand there, almost unaware of the streaking WR in their zone. I've had many occasions where a WR will run a hitch or a curl, literally squat in a LB's zone of coverage, and the LB will not even react.

3. Have ALL of the ratings "matter". I think this is a major complaint from just about anyone who has played the game a good bit by now.

We all SEE the difference between an average speed WR and a truly blazing WR like a Percy Harvin or a Jeremy Maclin.

But other than the Speed ratings of WRs...most ratings seem to mean very little right now.

QB ratings I don't see one shred of difference playing as an "Elite" QB over a Scrub QB right now. Tim Tebow at a 99 plays exactly the same as the QB for Duke. Every pass is right on the money. Every throw looks like it was shot out of a cannon. Every decision would make Brett Favre envious.

Offensive Line Ratings Every lineman plays like Orlando Pace. Every single one of them. As we saw in our game, Troy's O line which is very sub par at all 70s and a few 80s was able to manhandle an all 90 Oklahoma Defensive line and a almost all 90 rated Tennessee Defensive line.

I want to see a difference when I have great skill players, etc. but a weak O line. If my O line is all 70s and I'm in Norman or Knoxville, I should literally be running for my life almost every play because my guys should not be able to handle that kind of talent.

By that same token, if I have built an offensive line of Juniors and Seniors that are all high 80s and 90s, then I should be able to steamroll low rated Defensive lines and hold my own against the Elite ones.

Right now, every line plays like a 90 rated All American caliber offensive line.

Defensive Line Ratings As a die hard Auburn Tiger, I got really excited before the game came out to see Sen'Derrick Marks is rated a 95 at Defensive Tackle. I had visions of Marks blowing up guards and centers, killing QBs and Rbs, and generally wreaking havoc on all but the most dominant Offensive lines.

That doesn't happen. Marks gets put on his butt about 30 times a game and it doesn't matter if he's facing a 97 rated Offensive Guard or a 72 rated Linemen from Western Kentucky.

There is no reward for having elite Defensive linemen. I should be excited to have DEs that are rated in the 90s and a 1st round caliber Defensive tackle. But instead, I'm depressed because the ratings are nothing more than decoration right now.

Great defenses START AT THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE. The 1992 Bama Defense, the great Nole Defenses of the 1990s...these Defenses rarely had to blitz to get pressure on a QB because their front four linemen were so dominant that they could create constant pressure with little to no blitzing.

Make the ratings MATTER...all of them. It's really depressing recruiting big time 5 star linemen and realizing that right now....it is no big deal. They'll play the same as your lowly 72 rated DL or OL.

Blitz Effectiveness I understand the game developers wanted to tone down "nano blitzing". I have no idea what this is..but basically, they have killed any aggressiveness by the Defense and...in turn...killed any hopes of bringing instant pressure to slow down the over powered passing attacks.

If I bring 8 guys on a blitz these things should happen...

--The LBs pre snap should have the choice of getting RIGHT ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE . Not hanging 5 yards off of it....

--Once the ball is snapped, the DL, LBs, Safeties, or Corners who are blitzing should not be "jogging", they should be running like a bat out of hell. Right now, that's not the case.

--They should take good angles of attack. I've seen many instances where on a blitz, a LB or DL who has a clear shot to the QB suddenly turns around, goes sideways or almost seems to look for a blocker to "engage" rather than attack the QB. Again, I'm pretty sure this was programmed in to give the Offense more time, but in my opinion, it's cheating and really a cheap way to slow down a blitz.

Even when Ian brought an all out blitz...He never got to me in less than 3 seconds. 3 seconds of time, with half of the defense blitzing and leaving wide open receivers is an ETERNITY and should not happen.

Fix these things, and I have zero doubt this game will be The Greatest NCAA of All Time .

But until these things are fixed..and the game is BALANCED ...it will be held back.

Just my thoughts.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:04 PM   #43
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

That is a very well thought out and truthful post.

I can't stand not being able to create pressure with the defensive line.

As the above poster said, it all starts at the line of scrimmage.

Much like above, I've also seen WRs sitting in the LB's zones and the LBs didn't even react. They both just stood there and I was able to complete the pass to the receiver without much of a problem.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #44
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
3. Have ALL of the ratings "matter". I think this is a major complaint from just about anyone who has played the game a good bit by now.

We all SEE the difference between an average speed WR and a truly blazing WR like a Percy Harvin or a Jeremy Maclin.

But other than the Speed ratings of WRs...most ratings seem to mean very little right now.
co-sign.

and that's not even mentioning the fact that unless you're a speed back you're useless. I would even go as far as saying they need to tone down the ratings on a lot of guys. Too many players are lumped into the same group. It's almost as if it's impossible to make a football player good in NCAA without making him fast.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #45
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

If EA is going to dumb down the D AI for "wide open" they should give the gamer an option for sim play and arcade style play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 02:15 PM   #46
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't agree that the ratings don't matter. I played a game with MSU and their mediocre receivers dropped 6 passes on me. Their freshman WR dropped four of them. When I throw to a good or great reciever, he makes plays. I think its too big a generalization to say that ratings don't matter.

Sure some things are flawed but I certainly see the difference between good teams and players vs. bad teams and players. At least that has been the offline experience for me.

I will agree that speed backs seem more beneficial than power backs but that is also a part of college football. You see speedy backs make more of an impact in college than you do in the NFL. Also, I think lowering the tackle slider helps with this. On default, bigger backs don't break many tackles but this can be tweaked and improved.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-21-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: speed vs. power backs
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #47
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't agree that the ratings don't matter. I played a game with MSU and their mediocre receivers dropped 6 passes on me. Their freshman WR dropped four of them. When I throw to a good or great reciever, he makes plays. I think its too big a generalization to say that ratings don't matter.

Sure some things are flawed but I certainly see the difference between good teams and players vs. bad teams and players. At least that has been the offline experience for me.

I will agree that speed backs seem more beneficial than power backs but that is also a part of college football. You see speedy backs make more of an impact in college than you do in the NFL. Also, I think lowering the tackle slider helps with this. On default, bigger backs don't break many tackles but this can be tweaked and improved.
You're disproving my idea because a few WRs dropped some passes??

That's a bit of a stretch.

It's not too big of a generalization. In fact, you helped prove my point because you focused on WRs to prove that the ratings "matter".

There is no difference in Line ratings..that is completely undeniable. All O lines are dominant, all D lines are very mediocre.

All QBs are Brett Favre incarnate, there is no real difference in facing Graham Harrell or Tim Tebow versus the QB for Middle Tenn. State or Akron, other than the fact that Tebow has insanely fast WRs all over the field that can't be covered in this game (another faux paus as UF is very fast, but not so ridiculously fast as represented in this game. Auburn's defense has been able to keep up with UF the last two years speed wise and held UF to 17 points in 2006 and 2007.)

Like I said, other than WRs and speedy HBs, the rest of the ratings are pretty much meaningless right now.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #48
stewaat

OVR:

Yea with pass block at 0 and break block at 100 I rarely get pressure or get pressured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »