Home

I need help running the ball.

This is a discussion on I need help running the ball. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need help running the ball.

Re-watching this video helped my run game.

Break-away engine.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfanatic1
I need some kind of video tutorial on how to run the ball, and the maybe once in a while I'll be able to average over 4 YPC.
I wasn't running the ball well until yesterday. You really have to sprint close to the hole to bust through. You have to be patient, BUT you have to hit the hole with turbo. At first I was just trying to run into the hole without turbo and I wasn't gettting there fast enough. Now I am averaging about 3 to 5 yards a carry as opposed to finishing games with 3 rushing yards total. You have to hit the holes hard on here to just get back to line of scrimmage IMO. When you get into the hole you can start thinking about your cuts and jukes t get out of the hole if you have someone waiting to tackle you. Changed the game for me. Steady dose up the middle and an occasional pitch or off tackle to keep the D from packing the middle and it will change the game for you. I actually like going outside first and then trying to go iside with those speedy backs. As for a tutorial, i don't have the specs to set something like that up for you.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #11
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

I LOVE the running game this year......it is much more realistic IMO. Now if we can just work on the Pass D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

One thing that seems to help me a bit is the line shift. Sorry I forget what it's actually called but it's when you tell your O-Line to block in a certain direction.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #13
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

the spin move is deadly when executed at the right time. Also just keep pounding the ball, you won't break everyone but i'll see a 3 yrd run, followed by a 7 yrd.

Another thing that i find helpful is to spread out the defense and run out of shotgun. i use purdue and when the D comes out in nickel or 3-3-5 there are a lot of holes to run through and sometimes i get lucky and bust a big one.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #14
Rookie

footballfanatic1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffCentury
Re-watching this video helped my run game.

Break-away engine.
Thanks for the link.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't know about you guys, but I had to crank up Hum and CPU run block slider to 90. That has helped tremendously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
Rookie

footballfanatic1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
I don't know about you guys, but I had to crank up Hum and CPU run block slider to 90. That has helped tremendously.
I might actually resort to this as well if I can't master the new breakaway controls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »