Home

I Can't BELIEVE What I'm Reading!

This is a discussion on I Can't BELIEVE What I'm Reading! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
I Can't BELIEVE What I'm Reading!

I have the game and somewhat enjoy it. That being said...........going back through the threads and the topics not just here but on many other gaming discussion boards...........I just can't believe the issues with this release.

Sliders that don't work. The roster issue, controller buttons, etc. It's mind boggling that a product like this would be released. The public pays full price for something that clearly isn't complete.

And not a peep from EA.

If it weren't for someone like OMT coming on these boards to address issues nobody would know.

I'm just curious, those that have registered their game online........have they received an email from the company (EA) describing the issues and is there any sort of apology or a credit being offered or something that a typical normal and decently run American business would do to "try" and make things right?

Any recalls?

Maybe EA is in a conspiracy with Microsoft to get Xbox users to have to get a Live membership to get the 'patches.' Oh sure, Silver is free but Silver is a great advertisement.
Wonder how many switch over to Gold after having Silver.

Pretty good plot by the companies if this were the case. Wonder if anyone will sue over this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I Can't BELIEVE What I'm Reading!

The only "consipracy" at work here is EA Sports not really caring about having a polished game year-to-year because it's released once every 365 days. They're not going to put maximum effort into getting the game perfect because "we'll try to get that in next year," as we've read how many times now?

Been buying EA Sports games since they've started, and I'm done. NHL 09 comes out in September, and that's my last purchase of their products that they'll actually see my money from. From that point on, everything I buy from them comes from Ebay or Craigslist.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Please close this thread. Just another slick way to bash the game.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, I received an email thanking me for the $64 that I spent on purchasng their beta disk of NCAA '09. :/
Old 07-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
Please close this thread. Just another slick way to bash the game.
Guess the truth hurts huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
Guess the truth hurts huh?
No what hurts is its the same type of thread that has been cluttering the boards for more than a week. Every1 know what problems are in the game. There is a sticky to post your impression for the game. Why make a thread about it?

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpringle
No what hurts is its the same type of thread that has been cluttering the boards for more than a week. Every1 know what problems are in the game. There is a sticky to post your impression for the game. Why make a thread about it?
Because after awhile stickies get ignored especially by any employees from EA. A sticky can have 5000 pages and only a few pages will get looked at.

When anyone from EA (if anyone other than OMT) comes on a place like this and sees thread after thread after thread about a shameful product they have released, then maybe they will take notice and feel this must be a pretty serious issue.

I'm just curious, is this indeed the worst game they've released bug wise?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
Because after awhile stickies get ignored especially by any employees from EA. A sticky can have 5000 pages and only a few pages will get looked at.

When anyone from EA (if anyone other than OMT) comes on a place like this and sees thread after thread after thread about a shameful product they have released, then maybe they will take notice and feel this must be a pretty serious issue.

I'm just curious, is this indeed the worst game they've released bug wise?
Have you not read anything OMT has said? They are working on a 2nd patch to address the issue with the game. So I would think that he does read everything that are in the stickies.

This thread is pointless. Use the stickies to address your issues.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »