Home

*** MULTIPLE HOT ROUTES = GAME KILLER! ***

This is a discussion on *** MULTIPLE HOT ROUTES = GAME KILLER! *** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
*** MULTIPLE HOT ROUTES = GAME KILLER! ***

Believe me, I just finally realized this. I can take ANY team's offense and turn up Ohio State's defense or any defense with using 5 WR Shotgun and do multiple hot routes every play.

If it's a man to man, hot route 2 WRs on the outside to slant inside and the HB or slot WR to cut on Out route. It'll kill man to man defense every time.

Zone defense is not hard as well. Slant WRs to the inside and the LBs usually cannot get to WRs in time to stop them from getting 4-5 yards gain.

Not to mention with using a quick QB, which makes this type of offense even easier because the defense is already trying to cover all receivers, zone or man-to-man after figuring out what is being done.

I tested this method online, ranked and unranked. The offense cannot be stopped until there's bad passes that usually results in interceptions. Other than that, it's an instant TD because it's basically nearly impossible to stop this on all 4 downs since most goes for 4th downs.

When I don't hot route at all, the game becomes EVEN harder and way more realistic. Multiple hot routes make the game way too easy and is the major game killer. Either take it out or limit to just one player.

When I do simple hot routes, I can take Hawaii and tear up my friend's Florida defense, but when I don't use it at all. He eats up me up alive because it takes more time for complex plays to develop. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

If you play top 100 players in ranked games, you'll notice similar tactics like this because players with great sense of hot routes can break down the defense then eat you up alive. The favor can be returned to the opponent as well though so it comes down to the last drive or whoever turned the ball over more.

It only gets worse against CPU because CPU A.I. is laughable. The game is actually great when no hot routes are being used at all. Check it out.

Last edited by Silent Nature; 07-21-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: *** MULTIPLE HOT ROUTES = GAME KILLER! ***

No.

I just hope EA doesnt listen to the OS comments at all. With the complaining about anything and everything, if they did, we could possibly have the worst imaginable game next year.

The slogan here should be "If it is in the game. Then we consider it a game killer."

And were the "***" really nessicary.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 14

Yes, it is.

Take a crappy team and hot route your human opponent to death, it's even way easier to pass the ball on great defensive team.

Now, do it without hot routes once the whole game, you can get dominated easily by a human opponent because they can actually call defensive plays to counter your regular plays. If one hot routes, they can set the play up to perfection to guarantee a first down at ease after seeing if it's a man to man or zone.

Should have stuck with just one hot route per play like how it was originally set.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

I know you CAN do it but YOU DON'T HAVE TO. Thus I don't care about this.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Abstience, Grasshopper, abstenince.

Just keep telling yourself you'll go blind if you keep doing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins
No.

I just hope EA doesnt listen to the OS comments at all. With the complaining about anything and everything, if they did, we could possibly have the worst imaginable game next year.

The slogan here should be "If it is in the game. Then we consider it a game killer."

And were the "***" really nessicary.
LOL. No doubt, something that 99% of players would never even notice is a "gamekiller". I swear some people just try to find things to complain about w/ EA games. I'll never understand it.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

delete this topic before the cheesers find it
Old 07-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

This isn't as bad as the defense is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »