Home

NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

This is a discussion on NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #41
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46
This is a great article. Although there are definitely things wrong with the game, it's great to see the designers are so available to answer questions about the product. I'm sure that even though they catch some flack, they enjoy it as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
LOL. It's a no win situation no matter what the hell anyone does.
You guys barely stopped short of saying this EA developer was on the OS staff.

-Almost 200 words saying how great it is to have him? Check
-Not one, not two, but three links to the forums where this mouthpiece has posted? Check
-Fawning, brown-nosing prose? Check

"Despite this being his first foray into the Operation Sports forums, Mr. Thompson is holding his own and not cracking under the pressure. Sure there are of course questions he won’t be able to answer, but by and large he’s made a concerted effort to answer as many questions as possible in a way that will help those in need."

Who the hell wrote that? A EA P.R. hack? They could not have said it better if it came off a computer at EA HQ.

We're not asking for OS to be biased against EA. If you guys just placed a sticky on the NCAA Football forum telling us who this guy was, nobody would have tripped. But damn, it looks like OS is bending over with no vaseline, quick style for anyone EA sends over here.

What's up with that?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I love it. For years, people constantly complained about no interaction with EA devs, like we had with SCEA and 2k devs. Now we FINALLY get some EA devs and get some input, and now people are complaining about that.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 9
Hey, programming video games isn't an exact science. I'm pissed about the roster bug, but I love this year's fast and fluid gameplay. Does anybody have the latest info on the release of the roster patch? Thanks for all the info, peops!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:07 PM   #45
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I love it. For years, people constantly complained about no interaction with EA devs, like we had with SCEA and 2k devs. Now we FINALLY get some EA devs and get some input, and now people are complaining about that.
Exactly, it's a no win situation. It's pathetic how obsessed people are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #46
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Exactly, it's a no win situation. It's pathetic how obsessed people are.
Agreed
Old 07-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #47
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Oh please, there is no one in this thread criticizing the EA devs for posting, it's for lavishing praise on them for doing it while glossing over any problems with the game. It's all nice that they're in the forums getting first hand knowledge of all the crippling flaws in their game, but come on, is an article praising them for cracking jokes about Western Kentucky breaking the game anything other than EA ball washing?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudd
Oh please, there is no one in this thread criticizing the EA devs for posting, it's for lavishing praise on them for doing it while glossing over any problems with the game. It's all nice that they're in the forums getting first hand knowledge of all the crippling flaws in their game, but come on, is an article praising them for cracking jokes about Western Kentucky breaking the game anything other than EA ball washing?
There are plenty of people criticizing EA devs for posting. Starting from the first page.

I do love how the same guys who never post come out during EA football release time, every single year and do their best to stir up a hornets nest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »