Home

NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

This is a discussion on NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

I support the designers, but there is some stuff that cannot go unfixed. D-line pressure, CPU pass acc/sliders, kick returns too easy, and the hack strafe/rocket catching are top of my list. They get those knocked out and this game is going to be sick!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 31
It amazes me time and time again just how downright whiny 2k fanboys can be. First they bitch for years that EA doesn't listen to the fanbase or actually try and make better sports games. Then when they finally do start to turn things around they bitch that too much attention is being paid to EA and not 2k who incidently you need a presidential pass from the White House just to get information never mind media on their titles (NHL2k8 anyone?)

Its sad just really sad.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 AM   #59
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang
Dude, You should go back and read all the posts again. Peeps are not PO'd that EA is finally posting. We are all criticizing the way OS staffers and this website are falling over themselves to praise EA like they just invented sliced bread.

2K games has been posting on the boards for years, but I have never EVER seen them get the full treatment EA has gotten these past few months.
That's because no one is going after the 2kSports devs. They come in and they aren't going to face much criticism because their games have been well received. But the moment the EA devs come here, they automatically have a target on their backs. It's like sending a diplomat into a hostile environment: they need more protection than the 2k guys do.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 AM   #60
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by iag04ho
Article would have made sense if it went a little something like this

NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate....refund customers for defective product.
Well yes, if the game didn't work or damaged the system, then yes it'd be defective. But to you, just because it has bugs like EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME THAT HAS COME OUT, it is "defective" and you feel entitled because they didn't make a perfect game
Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #61
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
I really cant believe there are people who dont see a problem with a company who makes a game that is flawed year after year. Not even one time since the next generation systems have been out has this company made a game worth the hype. I dont care who you are a fan of 2K, EA it doesn't matter. There are huge flaws in the games, features that are left out, and it keeps happening. For three years there are countless message boards and threads wth tons of information on what people want in a game but every year all I hear is excuses and reasons why EA can add stupid features and things that dont work. E....A.....SPORTS....if its in the game, we leave it out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 08:38 AM   #62
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Video games and exclusive licenses must be a great business to get into, could you imagine selling broken cars, refridgerators, stoves, or girl scout cookies. And telling the customer that you are working on it. When you get them home just hook them up to the internet and you can download a patch, when we get one done. Thank you for your money, oh and don't forget to come back next year and we will sell you another broken item. What? You dont like that, oh we are sorry but we are the only company who has the license to produce that product. Have a nice day, don't forget we have a couple guys on message boards who will answer questions for you.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #63
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17
It is definatly pretty hard to agree with this topic. Stepping up to the plate? Don't put the game for sale if your not going to make it right. What i'm not understanding is what about the guys that don't have online play? There big time screwed.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #64
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanchangkang
Dude, You should go back and read all the posts again. Peeps are not PO'd that EA is finally posting. We are all criticizing the way OS staffers and this website are falling over themselves to praise EA like they just invented sliced bread.

2K games has been posting on the boards for years, but I have never EVER seen them get the full treatment EA has gotten these past few months.

It's been a constant ramp up of EA hype since the SPring. Everytime I log on to the front page, I see another EA puff piece. What the hell happened to OS?

So FISHEPA now your calling your customers 'pathetic' and 'obsessed' heh? That's really great and professional. Are you really a staffer or are you a little brother who is on the wrong computer? I have been a member here since '02 and this is the first time that a Mod has blatantly come out and name-called a whole group of members. Since you can't BAN yourself, I'm guessing you'll ban me. Or delete this post.
It IS pathetic and people are OBSESSED. There is a big difference between calling a specific person pathetic and calling their actions pathetic. If you don't understand the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

I think its great that the developers are still here after everyone throws them under the bus. It would be easy for them to just leave and never come back. I have faith they will listen to us and fix what they are able to. No game has ever come out and been perfect before, which is what everyone expects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »