Home

NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

This is a discussion on NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

For what seems like an eternity, EA football gamers have been clamoring for more interaction with the developers of NCAA Football and Madden. This year, those gamers got their wish. Check out how the developers handled the pressure in Erik Westfall's article, NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate.

Quote:
"In a growing trend around the internet, a number of video game developers and designers are making their presences known on various community forums. EA Sports has done this for a number of years, most notably through Ian Cummings and more recently Phil Frazier. Well we have a newcomer to the arena - Adam Thompson (OMT on the OS forums)."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Designers Step Up to the Plate

Thats what I like, that they are taking the time to listen to their customers and respond to both positive and negative feedback. If they hadn't done so, maybe the roster problem wouldn't be patched as quickly.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
can they make a patch for the ball not rotating when you pass?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Video games and exclusive licenses must be a great business to get into, could you imagine selling broken cars, refridgerators, stoves, or girl scout cookies. And telling the customer that you are working on it. When you get them home just hook them up to the internet and you can download a patch, when we get one done. Thank you for your money, oh and don't forget to come back next year and we will sell you another broken item. What? You dont like that, oh we are sorry but we are the only company who has the license to produce that product. Have a nice day, don't forget we have a couple guys on message boards who will answer questions for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

I was hoping this thread would be about NCAA designers stepping up to the plate to patch the rampant online dynasty problems.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, I for one am very appreciative of Adam's presence on the boards this year. He's been a great source of information and insight into the workings of the game while fielding countless questions about how it works, what EA's doing to make it better, and what they're doing to try and fix it where it's broken. I've found that when I'm browsing the various threads that I always stop when I see that distinctive "Angry Football" avatar and read his post. Sure, we may not always like or agree with his answers to our questions but at least he's HERE to ask. That's not always been the case.

The level of involvement we've seen this year from all the programmers has been outstanding and I hope they continue the trend in the future.

Kudos, Adam!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlrums
can they make a patch for the ball not rotating when you pass?
Who cares about patches for minutes stuff like this or even sliders at the moment let's get the roster glitch and the online dynasty problems fixed those make the game unplayable especially online dynasty when you advance the winning team loses and the scores and stats are wrong the other stuff we can live with as far as I am concerned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »