Home

30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

This is a discussion on 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
90 something thp. And also as I said before the play doesn't matter for anything if it's a user doing it. If it's the cpu then we have a problem if user then we don't. It's up to the user what they do.
The user shouldn't be able to do it. This game is supposed to realistically mimic real life isn't it? Don't you think teams would do this in real life if it was possible to have no pass rush and throw to a nearly indefensible wide receiver. There are reasons this never happens in real life.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
If a user is doing it then yes.
Really isn't NCAA supposed to mimic real life football? The QB in real life controls what he can do, why can't a real life QB run back 30 yards and heave it 70 yards the other way?

User control is supposed to mimic the realistic human abilities of real life players regardless of the decisions made. Obviously this instance in the video shows that it doesn't. It needs to be fixed.

Last edited by maddenps2; 07-21-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
The user shouldn't be able to do it. This game is supposed to realistically mimic real life isn't it? Don't you think teams would do this in real life if it was possible to have no pass rush and throw to a nearly indefensible wide receiver. There are reasons this never happens in real life.
Again. It is up to the user what the user does. That's the way it should be. If you ran into someone doing that then that's their choice.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #20
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Ehh, different strokes for different folks I guess. If people want to play that way then so be it....I choose not to, but I don't have a problem with those that do. I choose to play with people who choose to be more realistic.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #21
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2

User control is supposed to mimic the realistic human abilities of real life players regardless of the decisions made. Obviously this video shows that it doesn't.
Not really. Then people would be saying that they user doesn't have enough control over what he does. User control is supposed to mimic what the user wants to do.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong

To the guy who said it cant be fixed, I say go play AP2K8. You cant do the crap you see in this vid in that game.
I agree with everything you said except this...APF was the same unsim gameplay. I mean you could run the flea flicker 15 times in a game and win big. Its not the game fault its more on the user, I think they could contain the problem but they will always be there.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #23
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

Well actually it can be fixed but only 1 way. Adaptive A.I. This will stop the abusing one play but the droback 30 yards and throw 70. That's still up to the user.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
I agree with everything you said except this...APF was the same unsim gameplay. I mean you could run the flea flicker 15 times in a game and win big. Its not the game fault its more on the user, I think they could contain the problem but they will always be there.
2 wrongs don't make a right. This topic regards NCAA anyways. Some exploits might due to what the user does but this one shouldn't be possible regardless of user control.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »