Home

30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

This is a discussion on 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #49
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 30 yard drop back and Rocket Catch Video

Lol, I find it funny that someone actually wants to debate that video being good to go.

Anyways, I agree with him. I know a lot of people who can throw like that on the fly. Like...........um..............well.........um.... .....I seen it in a movie once.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy007
The difference is DON in real life it wouldnt happen 20 times because the defense would adjust which is not what this guy losing in the video did.
HE put no blitz on the QB and he had the receivers SINGLE COVERED! If a defense did this all game in real life. It would be a field day just like in this video!
So you want him to blitz and DOUBLE COVER THE WR!!!! How many men you have on D LOL

Oh and tell me which D he should of called. Give me a play I wanna see this great mind at work LMAO
Old 07-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 1

If I am WRONG which you guys contending that I am. Why hasnt any football game made it so the person who controls his own player doesn't have the advantage over the player who expects his CPU to do it for him????

Thats what you guys are missing. The loser in the video is losing because he wants his CPU to defend for him. He could've easily knocked down the pass or intercepted it by switching over and getting into position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 03:28 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
If I am WRONG which you guys contending that I am. Why hasnt any football game made it so the person who controls his own player doesn't have the advantage over the player who expects his CPU to do it for him????

Thats what you guys are missing. The loser in the video is losing because he wants his CPU to defend for him. He could've easily knocked down the pass or intercepted it by switching over and getting into position.
Stop with the dancing around. What play should he have called. What could of stopped this. Give me a PLAY. I wanna see your amazing football know how
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
The difference is DON in real life it wouldnt happen 20 times because the defense would adjust which is not what this guy losing in the video did.
HE put no blitz on the QB and he had the receivers SINGLE COVERED! If a defense did this all game in real life. It would be a field day just like in this video!
The flaw in the video has nothing to do with what the defense is doing. It is the fact that a QB can run back 30 yards backwards spin around and heave the ball 70 yards the opposite direction into the hands of a leaping rocket catching WR.

Show me a couple videos of this happening in real life in the millions of football games played. Make sure the QB runs back for at least 25 yards and heaves the ball 60 yards after he spins around for a perfect completion to a leaping WR.

Last edited by maddenps2; 07-21-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
So you want him to blitz and DOUBLE COVER THE WR!!!! How many men you have on D LOL

Oh and tell me which D he should of called. Give me a play I wanna see this great mind at work LMAO
Easy a 4-3, DIME, or nickel defense
Blitz one or two LBs and double cover the receivers! What is so hard about that?

This loser in the video was playing a 5-2 with a 3-4 man rush with ONE safety and you guys are crying about him getting burned! LOL!
This is too funny I am serious.

I promise you this guy could not do this to me in a game on this video.

I control my Middle LB so I would spy to make sure he doesn't scramble. Then I rush two LBS to put pressure on him. Then I have the receivers double coverage and man to man on my corners.
This idiot was playing zone safety against an opponent who bombed his passes. Crazy man! And you guys want EA to do something about it!

LOL too funny!

Last edited by y2flyy007; 07-21-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

So you telling me blitz the QB and double cover the WR!!! That is what I am hearing correct.

That is all you had to say I think everyone from that 1 comment can see you have ZERO clue of what you are talking about.

Case closed from my end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have never seen even a guy like Pat White drop back 30 yards in a real game. Even he stays in the pocket.

compare this:

to this:

See how in the real video he stays inside the pocket bc that is how to play quarterback. He will only get out of the pocket if it breaks down. Not just because he can. I know most of you understand this but this is for some others that need a visual explaination.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »