Home

NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

This is a discussion on NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:52 AM   #49
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA ALL THINGS RECRUITING THREAD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazman
I discovered something today that I really didn't like too much. I've played every game since around '02 and never thought to try this, so it may be old news......

I had a 5* Guard as my #1 prospect and I was his #1 choice all year. He came in for a visit in Week 12 and I thought for sure I would land him. I played my game for the week, saved, then simmed through the rest of the week. I was shocked that he chose Pitt (I'm PSU) because I recruited him so heavily.

Anyway, I decided to see if there is any randomness involved and reloaded / resimmed that week 3 times (My game was already played and the file saved with the result, only resimmed the CPU games). On my third try, he committed to me.

I also found out this is true with Awards. My tailback was the leading Heisman candidate by a large margin throughout the year. But, he finished a distant 2nd in voting. So I reloaded and sure enough, this time he finished 1st this time by a large margin.

I know it's cheap but I kept both results The reason I point this out as I think logically and if I do A + B the result will be C. This doesn't always seem to be the case.
maybe pitt hadn't offered yet
maybe pitt's simmed game that week changed his opinion
maybe larry johnson sr didn't negatively recruit using the race card hard enough against pitt and every other school he was considering until the 3rd time

any of these factors could have caused the results

honestly i'd rather have the randomness, otherwise it would feel predetermined. interestingly enough, i tried testing this with simming games though and it seems the randomness isn't there - i simmed 9 seasons in a row with psu against michigan and i'll be darned if psu lost each time... oh wait....

Last edited by srudoff; 07-23-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 AM   #50
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

can this be stickied now that we have info from adam and pretty good tips from OS members as well?
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 AM   #51
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
another tip, from a previous OMT post

if you offer a guy a schollie when he has you #1, there's a random chance that he'll accept on the spot - but only if he has you #1 - so keep that in mind when offering.

another one i found by messing around - if you hit the Right button on the prospect screen, you can quickly rerank your list by quality, need, or their interest in you

finally, in either 08 or 07, someone from EA confirmed that you HAVE to let the pitch complete to get the bump from it - not sure if 09 is the same though
This is true. In an offline dynasty you might can wait to offer since it seems like less CPU teams offer on 09. In offline, you may have to offer sooner if you are down the list and there are others actively recruiting the player. The offer will give you a boost to at least move up the list but if several are involved, you might as well offer early and be prepared to work all season if necessary.

Good info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 AM   #52
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

A few people have mentioned it's better to offer sooner. Well I always offer right away. If a recruit is on my board, I want him, but I know I won't get all 35 obviously. But I do figure that I want any guy on that board to be able to commit whenever he wants, so I offer every guy the first time I talk to them. My question is...

Is there a negative to doing this? Is there a reason not to offer a guy on your board?

The only thing I can think of is if you offer all 35 and you fill up your 25 spots and miss out on someone you might really want because you offered too much, but I for one have never had this happen. I think in NCAA 2008 and 2009, I've only had a 25-man class 1 time, so I've never had to worry about wanting a specific guy, but not having any scholarships left.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #53
Tar Heels/UCF

skinfan31's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I honestly dont think recruiting is as random as your making it out to be.....what team are you rolling with?
I agree, it may not be. But I still believe it has alot to do with it.

I'm with UNC. It was in my first post you responded to.

By the way, I just landed a 5 star QB after my second year was complete. He got me really excited because he was the 2nd ranked QB on the board. But he only came in as a 84, so I red-shirted him for his freshman year. Looking for big things after this season is complete!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #54
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Only an 84?

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #55
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Only an 84?
I'll second that. 84 is usually the rating of my highest recruit and getting a guy rated that high coming in would get me very excited. I've had an 85 or 86 here and there and even had one 87 in last year's game. But I'd be disappointed if a 5-star QB came in as a 74, not an 84.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
Is there a negative to doing this? Is there a reason not to offer a guy on your board?
I've always held off on offering scholys to my second and third rated players at the same position. I thought I read somewhere on here that it would have an effect.

So, say i have 4 Tackles on my board and I have 2 needs. I will only offer to the top 2. If one of the top 2 signs elsewhere, then I offer to my #3 and so on. I haven't tested if this works, but I always do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »