Home

I cant have FUN!

This is a discussion on I cant have FUN! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: I cant have FUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Country,

I agree with the premise but as you well know it;s a little tiresome sifting through the "junk" to get to what this place has been about for years...good information.

Sorry I was a smartass but the thread title and his disclaimer just made me laugh.

PS go to hell for ever sending John L. to East Lansing...

I agree that it gets tough reading thru some of the stuff posted around release time to find info, but reading his post, I didn't view it as him complaining just to complain. He seemed to be looking for help from the board, which is why we are here.

And you thought John L was bad, wait until we send Kraggy your way.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree that it gets tough reading thru some of the stuff posted around release time to find info, but reading his post, I didn't view it as him complaining just to complain. He seemed to be looking for help from the board, which is why we are here.

And you thought John L was bad, wait until we send Kraggy your way.
Kraggy better pull it together or this will be his last season down there.

Disaster doesn't begin to describe his first year.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree the game isnt fun, but it's not fun for me because it is entirely way too easy..

I thought I was getting somewhere in the first season with Akron. I went 10-2 (simmed about four games, won all) when I lost badly to Wisconsin, but beat Cinci and lost to BGSU. I thought it was pretty realistic.

But in the recruiting phase I got a great RB, dude has 98 speed and I got a QB with 88 speed. Now the game isn't even fun because I bumped it up to Hiesman but I put up 60 points with ease. Im four games into the season and my RB already has 1000 yards. The option is impossible to stop with my RB having that much speed and Im Akron, my overall team is ranked like maybe in the high 70's or low 80's. I murdered Arizona State like 54-13, then Indiana I barely beat and murked my two MAC teams I faced.

On the downside, it is next to impossible to stop anything on defense. The only way I can get a human sack is this safety blitz play in the Akron playbook, Ive gotten about four or five with that play call. Other than that, unless Im in great coverage and my DL gets a coverage sack, you aren't sniffing the QB. Granted, I did play better D my last game and got four picks, two returned for TDs, but it was Western Michigan.

Add to it the return game is just so horribly bad...

This game is terrible...

Everybody that worked on this game ought to be fired, what a pathetic release just because of all the errors. The game looks amazing, sounds are great, computer AI with the fans are good. But there are no excuses for the sliders, gameplay and other issues thus far.

But when EA buys out all the competition, what do they care? They can put out crap and it's going to sell because there is nothing else out there.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I started out on AA. That didn't last very long because I was having too much success. So I said lets bump it up and just mess with some sliders. Well I got a set from here on OS, and played 2 games. First game I didnt get to finish(The Dark Knight cut it short) second I was DESTROYED by....Western Michigan which is my first opponent in my dynasty w/ the Huskers. Now when I say destroyed, I don't mean I was man handled(final score: 52-44). I mean I could not stop anything. Stopping any play out of the backfield to the backs is a joke. The slant route will make you cry. No pass rush in sight, not even on a 6 man blitz. I just don't have fun with this game. Its getting to me. I dont know what to do to make it fun.

Also, I'm not doing this to complain. Its in hope that others are feeling the same. I know crying and bitching wont solve anything so I don't intend or mean to if it seems that way.
I don't know what to tell you, I am having an absolute blast with it.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:57 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
I don't know what to tell you, I am having an absolute blast with it.
I'm with ya. I'm loving it so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #22
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

The game is just an offensive shootout. No reaL strategy against another human. Defense plays like tecmo bowl.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
It;s like a hot chick, you don't look at a girl for 45 minutes determining whether or not she is boneable. It;s a yes or no deal."
This is very debatable. There are various factors that can sway that decision in one way or the other...I've had a tussle or two with what you call a "no deal" simply because of the beer goggles I was wearing....which gets me thinking, are the people who are having fun with this game wearing beer goggles? To me, this game is like that fat chick who has a cute face and a good personality...it's fun to be around and with enough beer you could convince yourself to hit it....but when you're sober, you know better than to get too close to it.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #24
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

While some of you are agreeing with the non fun factor and others giving their insight or hints or w/e I thank you for understanding. Now for those of you who are wondering, Whats the point of this? Its like I said, to discuss this amongst other members. Thats what a forum is for, right?

But anyway I love football. Its the one thing I can do 24/7/365 and not get bored or sick of. And video game football is just as great. And I just am really bummed that NCAA Football hasn't been what I wanted it to be this year. I've not found the median of difficulty to be successful with or have fun with.

I just played Campus Legend today. No Dynasty. And I miss last years CL. It seemed a bit more "fun" last year, it feels really basic for some reason this year. Once again, I'm not bashing EA or anything. Its just not what it should have been this year.

But anyway thanks once again to those of you who understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »