Home

EA developers--- The Problem with the pass rush is QB logic

This is a discussion on EA developers--- The Problem with the pass rush is QB logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 11:41 PM   #57
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: EA developers--- The Problem with the pass rush is QB logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
Oklahoma State 23, Troy 41

O. Haugabook33/483717.711

Ok, so Omar has gone off to the CFL, and i'm never the one to stand up and scream about things that happened last year But i'm gettnig pretty sick of the Troy disrespect on this forum

Are we going to contend for a national title?...No.

But it's pretty annoying that people act as though we are the doormat, even teams that get blown out on national Television.

Once again, not the trash talking type and i doubt you really meant to disrespect....Just see it everywhere. But hey...At least you're talking about us.
It's not about Troy dude.

I could have used Toledo, Idaho, Western Michigan, Western Kentucky, Utah State, etc. and it would have been EXACTLY THE SAME.

So dont take this as the "Troy Sucks" thread.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #58
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
It's not about Troy dude.

I could have used Toledo, Idaho, Western Michigan, Western Kentucky, Utah State, etc. and it would have been EXACTLY THE SAME.

So dont take this as the "Troy Sucks" thread.
just imagine the damage i could do with the towel boy at QB with Texas Tech! who needs Harrell when towel boy can throw 80%!.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-22-2008, 11:56 PM   #59
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
just imagine the damage i could do with the towel boy at QB with Texas Tech! who needs Harrell when towel boy can throw 80%!.
If you really want to mess with someone, challenge someone online, let them pick their usual powerhouse team then you select..... Idaho. Yes....Idaho.

They have 2 Wide Receivers with 95 speed ratings with 90 speed ratings for 2 others in their top 5.

With the zero pass rush, bad DB AI right now pre-patch, you can dink and dunk someone all day long, as well as blow by them deep.

I played a random guy today for fun who used Virginia Tech and I went 32-37 for 302 yards and 5 TDs. I beat him 42-28, in Blacksburg.

Needless to say, he wasn't happy.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
After all that -- and a fine analysis, I must admit -- you're "loving the game"?

Shame on you.

I'm not flaming, but everyone ask yourselves a question: When was the last time an established sports video game franchise put out a game with so many glitches/bugs (rosters, sliders) AND gameplay issues (too many to name)?

Never.

We should thank OMT for being here and maintain a cordial and respectful tone with him, but it's time to hold NCAA's developers' feet to the fire. This year's game is simply inexcusable.
You're entitled to your own opinion, but I am having a blast with this game, and I don't find it "inexcusable" at all.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM   #61
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtClaybon
Oklahoma State 23, Troy 41

O. Haugabook33/483717.711

Ok, so Omar has gone off to the CFL, and i'm never the one to stand up and scream about things that happened last year But i'm gettnig pretty sick of the Troy disrespect on this forum

Are we going to contend for a national title?...No.

But it's pretty annoying that people act as though we are the doormat, even teams that get blown out on national Television.

Once again, not the trash talking type and i doubt you really meant to disrespect....Just see it everywhere. But hey...At least you're talking about us.
WORST. FIRST. POST. EVER!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 02:30 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Ok, you've lost your street cred here. There are about 1000000x times more pancakes this year. Do I need to post 5 straight downs on video of Auburn's Defensive line falling down like the three stooges or getting locked in a "dancing animation" with a linemen from Louisiana Lafayette for that to sink in?

I played the absolute hell out of NCAA 08. Defenses COULD be dominant.

This year...and I'll go ahead and say it...the EA programmers completely neutered all aspects of the Defensive gameplay to manufacture "wide open gameplay" . That's a nicer name for "Zero Defense".

There is a definite speed cheat on offense, allowing 88 speed Halfbacks to go for 90 yard touchdowns with 87-90 speed DBs never able to catch up to them in a realistic manner.

There are broken zone DB AI issues. Robo QB is insane this year. And the "coup de gras" is of course the absolutely ridiculous Offensive line blocking which renders defensive ratings totally meaningless.

Even blitzes aren't really scary at all. They take too long with horrid angles by the blitzers and "Super blocking" by even 170 pound scat backs.

And the fun factor is slowly draining for me when every damn game is 42-35 or 38-28.

I WANT to have a game that is 17-10 or 13-3, etc. They happen all the time. I shouldn't give up 35 points a game on 8 minute quarters with a 94 rated defense. And don't tell me it's because "I cant play defense". I've been in the top 4 as far as coaches go in just about every league I've been in so it's not like I don't know how to play the game.

Do not even attempt to say that NCAA 09 isn't much different on defense than 08. It's a completely different animal..and not in a good way.
First off, I'm not posting for street cred.

You barely read my posts and then you argue in circles.

First off, I'm not saying those issues don't exist but you are flawed in your logic of true problems and symptoms of those problems.

Defense getting pancaked was a huge problem from the PS2 days. It didn't pop up this year. The REASON is it so noticeable now is because of the way the passing game sets up. Did I say it doesn't exist. What I'm saying is that the OL interaction has been at issue since the PS2 days. They could address this by toning down the pancakes, which might happen. But that still wouldn't address the "push" problems in how the OL/DL interaction in this game. For that again they would need to drastically rewrite a huge portion of their code to get this right.

Did I even bring up that it's harder to play defense this year. What does that have to do with my previous post. You are arguing in circles. Let's stick to the facts here.

You are bring up lists of grievances that I didn't bring up and question my "street cred".

Please quote where I said the defense was perfect. You clearly are arguing points that I never made. Now that's a joke. I'm not defending the game by saying the game plays perfectly. I'm just stating that the pancake problem is not new to 08. Hell a few year's back in the PS2/XB version, I remember the pancake problem was a point of contention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »