Home

Online Dynasty update

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Online Dynasty update

Old 07-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

For those who have dynasties going are we going to need to restart? or we won't have to worry about seeing the problems once it's fixed?
Old 07-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have been looking into the issues that some people are experiencing with games not being updated and people having their dynasty "hijacked" the last two days. The engineers have found the problem, but aren't yet sure how it is happening. We are probably going to take a preventative approach if we cannot find the bug.

In a nutshell, files aren't always getting uploaded to the correct locker but instead to someone else. Our server guys have estimated this effects 2% the lockers.

We have found that we can repair broken dynasties by removing the bad files from affected lockers. We used Pasta Padre as a test case because we have contact info for him and it seems to have worked. We have been also using the following gamertag's lockers for investigating the problem and will attempt to fix them next:

mhaze123
Stunna
scarfoe1
dmk2789
surestchamp

If the owners over the above gamertags read this post, please PM me with an email address and phone number in case we have some questions to help narrow this down.

Once we have figured out how to fix all the issues, we are going to run an automated script against all lockers to clear the issue, then prevent it from happening again. Right now it looks like all the fixes will be server side and not require a patch.

On the subject of a second patch, we are planning on getting it out a couple weeks earlier than originally planned. So I should have an update for what is going to be fixed in it pretty soon.

OMT

I read through OS.com daily ...and never post unless I really feel strongly about something... so let me say this because I'm at my desk and need to be on a conference call shortly....

Im 28 and am and always will be a sports gammer. Hearing all the promblems people are finding with this game is beyond excuseable for a company of EA caliber... However the attempt EA / OMT are making to fix these issues is well worth glorifying!! Please keep us in the loop as you have with new information and updates on EA's progress to correct these and many other issues.

We are all just regular guys here who love College Football... your efforts, time and lost of sleep is greatly appreciated.

We all look foward to EA listening to the community and correcting these problems.

THX

GT philpizy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #12
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Thanks for the information - good stuff.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #13
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

All in all this is great news!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have been looking into the issues that some people are experiencing with games not being updated and people having their dynasty "hijacked" the last two days. The engineers have found the problem, but aren't yet sure how it is happening. We are probably going to take a preventative approach if we cannot find the bug.

In a nutshell, files aren't always getting uploaded to the correct locker but instead to someone else. Our server guys have estimated this effects 2% the lockers.

We have found that we can repair broken dynasties by removing the bad files from affected lockers. We used Pasta Padre as a test case because we have contact info for him and it seems to have worked. We have been also using the following gamertag's lockers for investigating the problem and will attempt to fix them next:

mhaze123
Stunna
scarfoe1
dmk2789
surestchamp

If the owners over the above gamertags read this post, please PM me with an email address and phone number in case we have some questions to help narrow this down.

Once we have figured out how to fix all the issues, we are going to run an automated script against all lockers to clear the issue, then prevent it from happening again. Right now it looks like all the fixes will be server side and not require a patch.

On the subject of a second patch, we are planning on getting it out a couple weeks earlier than originally planned. So I should have an update for what is going to be fixed in it pretty soon.
I've got to give you guys some serious props for helping us out! It is really cool that they've got you guys in this forum and it is much appreciated. This means an awful lot to me, and I just want to say thanks for taking our issue so seriously and fixing it.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm glad EA is working hard on this, that makes me happy

Also OMT will the Online Dynasty's that kicked back to Preseason Activities are they going to be restored back to where they were or do I need to kiss that Dynasty goodbye?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5

Yea, thanks OMT. It's been really nice to be on the forums and see that EA reps DO CARE about their product. It's unfortunate that we have to experience it, but at least it's being addressed.

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »