Home

Online Dynasty update

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Online Dynasty update

We have been looking into the issues that some people are experiencing with games not being updated and people having their dynasty "hijacked" the last two days. The engineers have found the problem, but aren't yet sure how it is happening. We are probably going to take a preventative approach if we cannot find the bug.

In a nutshell, files aren't always getting uploaded to the correct locker but instead to someone else. Our server guys have estimated this effects 2% the lockers.

We have found that we can repair broken dynasties by removing the bad files from affected lockers. We used Pasta Padre as a test case because we have contact info for him and it seems to have worked. We have been also using the following gamertag's lockers for investigating the problem and will attempt to fix them next:

mhaze123
Stunna
scarfoe1
dmk2789
surestchamp

If the owners over the above gamertags read this post, please PM me with an email address and phone number in case we have some questions to help narrow this down.

Once we have figured out how to fix all the issues, we are going to run an automated script against all lockers to clear the issue, then prevent it from happening again. Right now it looks like all the fixes will be server side and not require a patch.

On the subject of a second patch, we are planning on getting it out a couple weeks earlier than originally planned. So I should have an update for what is going to be fixed in it pretty soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Rookie

ThatsWhatSheSaid's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty update

Great. Thanks OMT hopefully it's fixed soon!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We have been looking into the issues that some people are experiencing with games not being updated and people having their dynasty "hijacked" the last two days. The engineers have found the problem, but aren't yet sure how it is happening. We are probably going to take a preventative approach if we cannot find the bug.

In a nutshell, files aren't always getting uploaded to the correct locker but instead to someone else. Our server guys have estimated this effects 2% the lockers.

We have found that we can repair broken dynasties by removing the bad files from affected lockers. We used Pasta Padre as a test case because we have contact info for him and it seems to have worked. We have been also using the following gamertag's lockers for investigating the problem and will attempt to fix them next:

mhaze123
Stunna
scarfoe1
dmk2789
surestchamp

If the owners over the above gamertags read this post, please PM me with an email address and phone number in case we have some questions to help narrow this down.

Once we have figured out how to fix all the issues, we are going to run an automated script against all lockers to clear the issue, then prevent it from happening again. Right now it looks like all the fixes will be server side and not require a patch.

On the subject of a second patch, we are planning on getting it out a couple weeks earlier than originally planned. So I should have an update for what is going to be fixed in it pretty soon.
YEAY FOR ADAM!! Thanks man, that is great news. Both on the Online Dynasty stuff and patch info. I am in Pasta padre's dynasty, so thanks for getting that fixed for us. It worked great last night and now we are in week 2.

That preventative fix where you run a script, is that being done now? or after more testing? Hope you can get it fixed, i know we appreciate the hard work.

Couple weeks earlier? That sounds good, unless it was originally planned for Jan. I look forward to seeing what will be fixed. Any info when you can give it to us is greatly appreciated.

As a question if/when you say what is being fixed, can you tell us how its being fixed, or how it will affect what we say (i.e., we are making OL weaker, or we are changing the way blitzes work and tell us how it will work)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

Last edited by callmetaternuts; 07-22-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

OMT,

Can you give us an update on the roster patch? Has it been submitted to Microsoft and Sony?

Just wondering because my online dynasty is not going to start until that patch is released.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

Wow my guess was right!! It was just a thought when I said it was probably saving to someone else's dynasty. Good job finding what was going on. Keep up the hard work to fix the problem!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

thanks for the update... sounds promising. I'm impressed....

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Good news! Wonder how much sooner on 2nd patch!

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
If it includes the slider fix - I love you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »