Home

Is this Cheating or Cheesing

This is a discussion on Is this Cheating or Cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
Is this Cheating or Cheesing

alot of you all know i like to make created draft classes for madden to make it more realistic...this year since im starting from the get go on ncaa do you all think it would be cheating if i make some sophmore(rs) and juniors into seniors so they are in the first year draft class....i have a feeling alot of those players will be going into this draft coming up

example making

QB- Matthew Stafford is a Junior but making him a Senior since with a good year he could be number 1 pick

RB- Knowshown Moreno and LeSean McCoy if they have great year could head to the draft and their only redshirt sophmore

WR- Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin are Sophmore(rs) but are as good as gone in real life..also Derrius Heyward-Bey Percy Harvin

since none of those guys are seniors they wont go into the draft unless tehy declare....i have a feeling they will declare in real life so what i would do is make them seniors before the dynasty begins

Pros- Make draft classes better

Cons- If the player doesnt have a good year in NCAA and would stay with the college team instead of goin to the draft would make it feel like im cheating the game

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Is this Cheating or Cheesing

Nah, I don't think so. I mean you're just interpreting the draft as how you see it will happen, and I mean it's your game so if you want those guys in the draft a certain year because you think they'll be there, what's the big deal? Seems fine to me.

Only thing I would consider "cheating/cheesing" when it comes to making your draft classes is how you rate the players. For example, if you give the guy(s) you plan on drafting a little extra bump in their ratings, then yeah that's an issue. But other than something like that, seems like no big deal to me.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Maybe I am missing something, but why would you have to edit someone like LeSean McCoy in order to get him to leave early?

EA has had players leaving after their Sophomore and (especially) Junior years in NCAA for years. Every year, your draft class has a number of sophomores and several juniors.

I am willing to bet that in NCAA 09, McCoy, for example, will leave early.

I don't see why you would need to edit the players to do something that the game already does (and honestly does better, since leaving early or not is based on their ratings in the game).
Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Maybe I am missing something, but why would you have to edit someone like LeSean McCoy in order to get him to leave early?

EA has had players leaving after their Sophomore and (especially) Junior years in NCAA for years. Every year, your draft class has a number of sophomores and several juniors.

I am willing to bet that in NCAA 09, McCoy, for example, will leave early.

I don't see why you would need to edit the players to do something that the game already does (and honestly does better, since leaving early or not is based on their ratings in the game).
I like tp make my draft classes as realistic as possible and usually after the first year not alot of juniors or sophmore go into the draft the following year theirs always players leaving early

Old 07-23-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't think so. You should sim a season without changing anything just to see if these guys leave early anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

This is what i plan on doing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »