Home

The biggest beef I have with this game (once again)

This is a discussion on The biggest beef I have with this game (once again) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The biggest beef I have with this game (once again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Well for whatever reason, everytime I play Oregon, I get beat or nearly get beat, so there not that bad on teh field.

And uhhh, this is why we can EDIT players. If we couldn't do this, your complaint would be totally valid. If you're fav player should be higher than he is, do it.

Although I agree about UGA being 99'ed out, and Fla St. is too high as well. And I don't know about Kansas though. I think last year was kind of a fluke, and since they lost a coupel of guys, they probably wont be nearly as good again this year.
Yes, I can edit players, but that does me no good when I play an online dynasty or online ranked games. I have to pick a different team if I want to compete with the teams that everyone always seems to pick (OSU, WVU, Florida)
Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
Hey man. First of all, real good write up. I agree with you.

But I have to disagree with you on your 4th point. SC has the best secondary by far in the Pac-10. Good thing you do have all of those QB's because Taylor Mays will not treat them kindly when they decide to blitz him.
You can disagree all you want, but the people who get paid to evaluate the talent (Steele, Lindy, ect) have Oregon as the best...I'll take their word over yours.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:18 PM   #19
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

It's okay apparently EA doesn't believe a 1200+ yard receiving season and 8 td receptions warrants a raised overall from 2008 to 2009.

Kenny Britt in 08 = 87
Kenny Britt in 09 = 87

I don't get how a great season equals no progress.

I know I can edit the players but still, it's simple things like this make me wonder who is in charge of rating and creating rosters at EA.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
It's okay apparently EA doesn't believe a 1200+ yard receiving season and 8 td receptions warrants a raised overall from 2008 to 2009.

Kenny Britt in 08 = 87
Kenny Britt in 09 = 87

I don't get how a great season equals no progress.

I know I can edit the players but still, it's simple things like this make me wonder who is in charge of rating and creating rosters at EA.
And that's why it's my biggest beef with the game every year. I mean, if a player starts playing poorly in madden, or if another starts playing better, you can download roster updates that have updated rankings and rosters. I guess it would mess things up with the named rosters, but at least madden is putting forth an effort in this particular category. Like I said before, I know hundreds of people who would gladly do it for free, but instead someone is getting paid to make their favorite team better than they should be while ignoring other teams around the country.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #21
Rookie

merg311's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Although I agree about UGA being 99'ed out, and Fla St. is too high as well. And I don't know about Kansas though. I think last year was kind of a fluke, and since they lost a coupel of guys, they probably wont be nearly as good again this year.

Are you serious? Yes, Kansas had a hell of a year and lost a few key guys, but return 16 or 22 starters. I'm not saying KU should be rated a 95 or even a 90, they are a 77 on the game, that's the same as Duke! 12-1 is not a fluke, soft schedule, yep, but no fluke. This year they will go 8-4 at the worst because of the tough schedule...I just think they should be rated around 85 or 86 like the other teams in the middle of the Top 25 Rankings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Oregon State's is all messed up too. They didn't put our best player, Sammie Stroughter. His medical redshirt was aproved in April, so I doubt it's even that. Jacquizz Rodgers should not be listed as the 6th RB, he'll backup McCants...who they listed as a FB...a position Oregon State has not even used since before Mike Riley's first go-around as coach in 1998. Overall, we're a 77? What? We're 19-8 the last 2 years, 12-6 in the PAC 10, both of wihch are second to USC...we have the longest bowl win streak in the PAC 10. I think we're tied with USC for most bowl wins this decade...finished both of the last 2 years ranked in the top 25...I know we're replacing a good number of people on D, but we lead the nation in rush defense last season, both in yards per game and yards per carry, and were 3rd in the country in sacks...give us a little credit. And you Oregon and USC folk, I'll put our secondary up against yours and feel pretty good. We're all in the top 6 of Steele's units. I would assume if our best player were actually on the game, we'd be rated a little better than Duke, but jeez....they have us as tied for 8th in the PAC 10 ratings-wise...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Oregon State's is all messed up too. They didn't put our best player, Sammie Stroughter. His medical redshirt was aproved in April, so I doubt it's even that. Jacquizz Rodgers should not be listed as the 6th RB, he'll backup McCants...who they listed as a FB...a position Oregon State has not even used since before Mike Riley's first go-around as coach in 1998. Overall, we're a 77? What? We're 19-8 the last 2 years, 12-6 in the PAC 10, both of wihch are second to USC...we have the longest bowl win streak in the PAC 10. I think we're tied with USC for most bowl wins this decade...finished both of the last 2 years ranked in the top 25...I know we're replacing a good number of people on D, but we lead the nation in rush defense last season, both in yards per game and yards per carry, and were 3rd in the country in sacks...give us a little credit. And you Oregon and USC folk, I'll put our secondary up against yours and feel pretty good. We're all in the top 6 of Steele's units. I would assume if our best player were actually on the game, we'd be rated a little better than Duke, but jeez....they have us as tied for 8th in the PAC 10 ratings-wise...
It's pure, unadulterated, Pac 10 hate, nothing more. Anyway, Oregon State sux anyways.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

I Posted this on day 1. Im a big Penn State guy just like you are for Oregon. Now everyone knows PSU has had their share of problems lately and they probably shouldnt be a 91 overall team. But dear God... the way they made them a 91 is incredible. First of all there are 5 missing STARTERS.. YES STARTERS THAT STARTED LAST SEASON. Second of all, they get everything wrong like why the hell is Tyrell Sales a 90 overall OLB when he should be a 84 overall MLB. Why the hell is Jerome Hayes a 84 MLB when hes a DEFENSIVE END. Why is Devon Still a 64 speed defensive end? OH BECAUSE HES ACTUALLY A DT! It's really incredible and the worst one out of any of them is the running back Evan Royster is a 84.. fine but he shouldnt have 94 Speed! He's not even a 4.4 guy. The backup on the other hand should have 96 speed and he has 88! Its incredible to me. BTW FSU is way overrated its awful and so is Ohio State. I dont care if they go to the NC every year how can they be rated better than LSU? Friggin EA SPORTS - IF YOUR TEAM SUCKS IN THE GAME ITS A SHAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »