Home

ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed)

This is a discussion on ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed)

I believe that the folks at EA work as hard as they can. And I know that Tulsa is the smallest division 1 football program in the country. I understand the stadium being left out because it is currently in renovation.

I do not understand how the records cannot be updated. Paul Smith (played at Tulsa LAST YEAR) broke all the passing records at Tulsa last year. His records are not reflected in the game. The stadium generic, and the endzones are freaking purple. Maybe blue is purple to some folks. There are photos of that turf all over the internet. So neglect must be the answer to why it is freaking purple.

Playbooks? Someone asked in another thread if Tulsa's playbook would be accurately represented. The answer was yes. We must have a different definition of "accurately represented." No pistol formation, the plays themselves are not indicative at all of the scheme that Tulsa employs. We line up with a pistol two back set almost exclusively, especially in early down sequences. One half of game review would show this tendency. My point? The playbook is wrong. And Tulsa isn't the only one.

The ratings? Rice gets rated higher than Tulsa. In the law, we call that res ipsa (the absurdity speaks for itself). Tulsa is the unanamous pick to win CUSA West. One publication says Tulsa could go undefeated. Three recievers had 1,000 yards last year. Only one is rated above 80. Trae Johnson led the team in catches and receiving touchdowns. Charles Clay had 1,000 yards receving and over 250 yards rushing. He lines up all over the field. The only way those two players can possibly be justified at a rating of less than 85 is if the people doing the ratings have never seen them play. The defensive line was overrated and the offensive line was underrated. Did anyone watch an ounce of tape on Tulsa? We led the country in offense last year. That's No. 1 (in case you didn't know), and our offense was rated under 80.

So, even after understanding that C-USA's No. 1 football program has no stadium for the third straight year (should have been in the first year, did you not see Skelly on the way to Boone Pickens Stadium?), there has also been gross negligence in the treatment of the program. I know Tulsa has a small voice, but I think I have articulated effectively that EA has woefully underperformed in it's basic research areas, at least in regard to Tulsa. I have been a long time EA consumer, but crap cheapens the product.

If I have posted this message in the wrong forum (i.e., move it to the thread designated for this discussion) I apologize. But I am tired of my school constantly getting the shaft.

End of rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: ATTN EA: Tulsa Neglect (issues need to be addressed)

It's fun and fresh, plus all the cool kids have been using it. Two Tulsa threads in one day might be taxing the Hurricane bandwith allocation. Might have to create a blackout of all posters in the Tulsa region just to be safe.

Oh and I am kidding with you. If I was not a Sooner fan, then I would understand your pain. Cause that would make me an OK St fan.

Last edited by 867-5309; 07-23-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

This must be how EA does its Tulsa research. Two posts is the equivalent to two minutes. Small school that packs a big punch. Tulsa's respect is in moderation, but rating Rice better is nothing more than an announcement that the team responsible for ratings is utterly incompetent. I am sorry, but that is a freaking joke.

I respect the heck out of Oklahoma.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Thats a bummer man. I just played Tulsa last night with UCF. I didn't recognize the generic stadium, but I noticed their offense was crap. EA should at least get the playbooks right.

Does Tulsa run a lot of option reads and such? I watched them last year and did not notice it.

Youtube
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Rookie

We run a spread that includes some option reads. The playbook is extremely pass heavy, but Tulsa is not Hawaii. We had a 1,000 yard rusher. First school in history to have a 5,000 yard passer, 1,000 yard rusher, and three 1,000 yard recievers. All four of those skill players are back on this team.

We have a vertical passing game. We run a ton of screens which isn't evident. The Wildcat plays are terribly inaccurate. The QB can't play wide receiver in that formation (our starter always lines up at wide when we are in the Wildcat). We run almost exclusively out of the pistol two-back. The formation isn't even in the playbook. Our offense is so fun to watch, and it's a great offense.

Overall? It's a joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Just imagine if Steve Largent had been successful running for Governor in 02. You would have had a powerful ally in your fight against EA to get Tulsa some justice.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i think most of the school record are old. i know TTU's are.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Rookie

I think the consumers deserve accurate representations of every school on the game. If I am being shortchanged, so are you. It just doesn't effect you like it does me. You don't have to play in a stadium with no character and purple turf. It's absurd, but funny at the same time. Kind of like the joker!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »