Home

The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

This is a discussion on The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

The concept of online football gaming is good.

But the realitiy is that it sucks. At least half the people I play online cheese and glitch, its not fun. They smack talk, cheese, glitch and use the same 5 plays on offense and 1 play on defense. Its ridiculous and boring.

If I was ever gonna play online. it'll be in an organised os thingo or something.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
could of done without the racist comment... it was borderline until you said "dumb as they usually are" comeon man you have plenty of reasons to bash online cheesers without bringing race into it, even if it is what you have observed based on your obviously VERY limited experiences.
Yeah you could be right, I shouldnt have brought race into it..but honest to god, every game Im completely cheesed against, I send a message voiceing my displeasure about them having wasted an hour of my day playing a garbage game, and from there, its some middle aged african american going nuts inthte mic, calling ME a n*gger, and then yelling all this jibberish I cant understand...Can someone just play straight up for god sakes?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #11
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaucasianBaller9
1. The player is an african american (call it racist or whatever, but it is..they have no clue how to play straight football...and as dumb as they usually are, they find ways to exploit the A.I. year in and year out)
You know what they say about first impressions.............

In this case, you lost all credibility.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 AM   #12
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Haven't played a game online yet, due to reading things like this. Probably won't hop online until Madden, there's cheesers there too but at least it's more of an even playing field.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:17 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
I am officially done with this game online. I am so sick and tired of the cheese 1 week into it, that I cant take it anymore. I dont know if you have experienced what I have..but basically this is it. I am 32-11.. I play straight up football, mix up formations, run the ball, pass the ball, mix up my D plays...

EVERYTIME I play someone who is either in the top 100 or has a very impressive record, its the same thing over and over..

1. The player is an african american (call it racist or whatever, but it is..they have no clue how to play straight football...and as dumb as they usually are, they find ways to exploit the A.I. year in and year out)

2. They pick the U of Florida

3. Scramble with Tebow for a while...deep bomb to whoever (doesnt matter if the guy is single covered or has 6 guys on him)

4. Switch that WR, rocket catch, rinse and repeat...when close to the goalline...it is this (Percy Harvin as QB in the Gator form, and run left, run right until TD)

when it comes to Defense...This is the play...Lets drop 10 guys into coverage, and let the nose tackle battle 5 OLineman.

I swear to god these people have 5 plays in their play book. Hail Mary, Option Run, Zone D, FG, and Kick off

THis is the most annoying **** ever. Do these clowns at EA even play the game before releasing it? what a novel concept to instead of releasing the game 1.5 months before the season, how about they play the game some..fix the complete bull****, and then release the game. Its the shame these idiots at EA cant have this figured out by now.

Of my 11 losses...1 is legit, some guy using UCLA while I used Purdue beat me playing straight up.....Thats all I ask...I could care less if I was 2-100..If I get beat straight up 100 times, its all good, and worth the time.

Oh well, tahts the rant, feel free to comment...Just time to wait until Madden.
Sounds like you need to get better at the game.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardofspock
Sounds like you need to get better at the game.
He is 32-11....I agree though. Most guys online, top 300 or not, run the same 3-4 plays on offense and have their "blitz" play they run every time. It doesn't matter if I come out in a I-form set, they will stay in their quarter or dime, yet somehow I can't always pound the ball up the middle. That is just annoying.

I play sim as possible and usually win because of my defense. I catch on quickly to what these guys are trying to do, but sometimes it is almost impossible to defend the rocket catching.

Youtube
Old 07-24-2008, 07:05 AM   #15
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx74xx
You know what they say about first impressions.............

In this case, you lost all credibility.
What's even funnier is that his name is "Caucasian Baller". Oh yeah!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Location: PA, but born & rasied in Hollis, Queens NY. MM username: jkhaalis991

Quote:
I am officially done with this game online. I am so sick and tired of the cheese 1 week into it, that I cant take it anymore. I dont know if you have experienced what I have..but basically this is it. I am 32-11.. I play straight up football, mix up formations, run the ball, pass the ball, mix up my D plays...

EVERYTIME I play someone who is either in the top 100 or has a very impressive record, its the same thing over and over..

2. They pick the U of Florida

3. Scramble with Tebow for a while...deep bomb to whoever (doesnt matter if the guy is single covered or has 6 guys on him)

4. Switch that WR, rocket catch, rinse and repeat...when close to the goalline...it is this (Percy Harvin as QB in the Gator form, and run left, run right until TD)

when it comes to Defense...This is the play...Lets drop 10 guys into coverage, and let the nose tackle battle 5 OLineman.

I swear to god these people have 5 plays in their play book. Hail Mary, Option Run, Zone D, FG, and Kick off

THis is the most annoying **** ever. Do these clowns at EA even play the game before releasing it? what a novel concept to instead of releasing the game 1.5 months before the season, how about they play the game some..fix the complete bull****, and then release the game. Its the shame these idiots at EA cant have this figured out by now.

Of my 11 losses...1 is legit, some guy using UCLA while I used Purdue beat me playing straight up.....Thats all I ask...I could care less if I was 2-100..If I get beat straight up 100 times, its all good, and worth the time.

Oh well, tahts the rant, feel free to comment...Just time to wait until Madden.
As an African American man I find this highly offensive. He is talkiing about african american men because he put what he said in () after saying african american men.

Bottom line there are chesser all over NCAA. No matter what skin color. Bringing race into it was not called for.

I have been apart of "The Tradition" since NCAA started online dynasties. Come check it out.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »