Home

Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

This is a discussion on Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Point Blank. Will There Be a Gameplay Patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
So the issues were known to be in the game before release? But the game is released anyway because of the ability to patch?
Of course, can't question big corp. They want there money
Old 07-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #34
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Of course, can't question big corp. They want there money
They don't have to patch it you know. They could let us fester with the bugs in the game. Would you like it that way? Cause they got their money, I'm just following your theory.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #35
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Why would they patch their gameplay When 'Wide Open Gameplay' is one of their main selling points this year??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #36
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Just calm down there fan boy, it was just a question. I almost would like to hear that they know the game is flawed.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #37
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Do you know what a deadline is?
I understand the whole deadline thing, but would it have been better to just push the release date back to fix some KNOWN game issues.
We as gamers would have been upset at the push back, but at the same time happy knowing that we are not getting a game that does not function the way that it should.
Its not like pushing the release date back would have helped out the competition.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #38
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Just calm down there fan boy, it was just a question. I almost would like to hear that they know the game is flawed.
Ooohh, I love being called a fanboy. Because I have not complained about NCAA, or NBA Live, or March Madness...

Check my GT. I've played more 2k than EA. If anything I'm a 2k fanboy. It's just that I seem to understand programming more than most on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
I understand the whole deadline thing, but would it have been better to just push the release date back to fix some KNOWN game issues.
We as gamers would have been upset at the push back, but at the same time happy knowing that we are not getting a game that does not function the way that it should.
Its not like pushing the release date back would have helped out the competition.
I think EA really emphasizes hitting those deadlines. The only EA game I can remember that was delayed was Army Of Two.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
As far as I'm concerned they have 18 days to make announcements on the patch and that Online Dynasty are fixed. Otherwise that $40 trade in for Madden is too good to pass up. Especially since early reports on the demo are good.
I don't mean this as an insult towards you, but this is exacerbating the problem we, as football gamers, find ourselves in.

Remember the NCAA Demo? Remember how everyone raved about it? Remember how many people started saying how it was a release day purchase for them based on their experience with the demo? Now where are we? People went out and purchased the game based on a demo, which had some issues itself. The demo, however, barely scratched the surface relative to the bugs and issues with this game.

Based on this - as well as EA's history plus the fact that Madden 08 left a lot to be desired -why on earth would anyone even entertain the idea of pre-ordering - let alone buying outright - Madden, or even Head Coach, for that matter, without renting it first?

Until people stop doing this, I just don't know if we're going to see the results we are hoping for.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #40
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Ooohh, I love being called a fanboy. Because I have not complained about NCAA, or NBA Live, or March Madness...

Check my GT. I've played more 2k than EA. If anything I'm a 2k fanboy. It's just that I seem to understand programming more than most on this board.

I think EA really emphasizes hitting those deadlines. The only EA game I can remember that was delayed was Army Of Two.
Hey man I am just having a little fun nothing personal
its almost like EA is giving me a reach around courtsey by telling me that they know the issues before they ship

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »