Home

Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OMT

Fact is, it shouldnt be something we should be hoping for on the 4th year of next gen NCAA football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

With Texas, I have 5 DEs, and it would be nice to rotate them by having them play in specific formations. And for teams who are 3-4 deep in RBs, it would be nice to have them in at different times without having to go to depth chart.

I think the best way to impliment this is at the formation screen (where they show the 12 circles, triangles or whatever shape they use). If you could scroll through those icons and highlight them, all you would do is press the button and that person would be switched to the next person on the depth chart. That would be REAL on the fly subs. And it would be alot quicker than the system they had on the PS2/XBOX.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:06 AM   #27
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
Fact is, it shouldnt be something we should be hoping for on the 4th year of next gen NCAA football.
Neither should the game working out of the box and having release day be a BETA test. But hey if it's in the game.....

"You play to win the game."
Old 07-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Neither should the game working out of the box and having release day be a BETA test. But hey if it's in the game.....
to be honest...i dont mind it being a $60 beta if the design team will give us PATCHES in a timely fashion.

I think most designers of the game dont understand football as much as the average user. So i have no problem with them letting the community tell them whats wrong with the game... this is assuming they patch/fix it. If we are fixing their game for 2010... then i have a real issue with that...

Onto the formation subs... what a terrible cocky response from OMT. As many users have said why are we even having to talk about great features from ncaa 03 and so on in the 4th year of a "next gen" game.

Formation subs did have one small downfall of people using them to cheese but considering random online gaming is nearly 90% cheese anyway who cares... I only play with people i know now.

Form subs to...

Put a fast wr in a slot on WR option plays.
Put Underclassmen in formations you dont use alot so you can get them some plays everygame
Same goes for dline and linebackers.... Considering you have to play nickel or 4-2-5 every play on defense it sure would be nice to let more than 2 lbs see the field this year.
Maybe you want to run a 2 qb system... this is no stranger to the ncaa.
Starters on kick coverages? No thanks

I could go on and on but its pointless bc besides cheese there is no downside to it.

Sure you can do some of these things with the right stick but on D you barely have enough time to find your play let along hit Rstick 6 times.

These are the kind of things that make me shake my head.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #29
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #30
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestr962
Can you please talk your video game developing friends into replacing Formation Audibles with formation subs for 2010.
Uh, who made you the voice of the community? I for one would be super pissed if they took out my formation audibles. As someone who uses UC Bearcats in dynasty, this is the first year on next gen that I can run something close to Brian Kelly's "Cat Attack" on the game. Why would you just decide it would be good to replace them with a feature you like more? Why wouldn't you just say, "Could you please add formation subs for 2010"?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #31
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Uh, who made you the voice of the community? I for one would be super pissed if they took out my formation audibles. As someone who uses UC Bearcats in dynasty, this is the first year on next gen that I can run something close to Brian Kelly's "Cat Attack" on the game. Why would you just decide it would be good to replace them with a feature you like more? Why wouldn't you just say, "Could you please add formation subs for 2010"?

I love the formation audibles - I hated calling audibles in the past that caused the entire team to shift around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #32
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

I think what OMT calls formation subs and what the community calls formation subs are two different things. Personaly i love formation audibles and truely miss "real" formation subs. I think what we have now is a form of formation subs. Just wish we could change our coverage teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »