Home

Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

This is a discussion on Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #25
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Negativity aside, what do we LIKE about NCAA 09?

-Custom Stadium Sounds(I love hearing Thunderstruck just before kickoff)
- Player Models are top notch this year.
- Equipment options.
- Slide Protection was def missed by me.
- Defensive Control before snap with the hot routes and quick audibles. Also the players movement before the snap is just smooth.
- Graphics in menus. Just wish I would see more pictures of players like Tommie Frazier, Eric Crouch, and Grant Wistrom, and all Nebraska greats. NCAA 06 was the best with the classic highlights.
- EASW video and photo saving and uploading.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Everyone knows I am a bit hard on the game for the short comings and bugs. But like the topic said, negatives aside.
  • The running game is sick
  • The deep passing game, catching WR in stride is a thing of beauty
  • The post play animations, helping players up, crawling trying to get wind back, ect.
  • Juke system is sick
  • Ratings seem to matter much more
  • I am one of the few who like the new speed system. I think it feels more real.
  • Dynamic crowd, watching a blow out empty out is cool
  • Stadium sounds is a cool A$# option
  • Post game highlights, (and coming halftime highlights)
On a whole the game is a great game. Like pared said, it is just overshadowed by all the bugs and issues that was shipped with the game. This alone I am pretty sure has hurt the sales of NCAA. We have guys on this board admitting that they passed on it once hearing all the issues. Really sucks cause none of us talk bad about the game just to do it. We all want the game to be steller and the thing that annoyed us most, is it is so close to being a EXCELLENT game.

I am hanging on to it hoping they patch it and fix these issues and I will get my enjoyment of a year or more out of it.

OHHH and Online Dynasty's is sooooooo great.

Last edited by Phobia; 07-25-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5

I like everything cause it's not the same as the past few versions. This is the most fun I have had with a football game since 04. The custom sounds, different celebrations and that you have control over them, movement of players, graphics, live weather. Those are just off the top of my head.

Online dynasty is sweet as long as we get that fix. My friends and I are having fun competing for recruits. The patch that they are putting together I just hope that it doesn't cause a mess. Sometimes you have to be careful what you ask for. I personally love the challenge of defense this year. IMO, you can't call a defense and sit back and watch. You have to break out those stick skills which I am not the best, but with some practice and getting online and playing it helps.

I enjoy the game EA, but my wife doesn't! Thanks to the designers that have been on here keeping us up to date and chatting with us to make the game the best it can!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #28
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

I like-
Stadium sounds- (the REAL) Death Valley + Timeout called + Neck = Greatness
Equipment- most in - depth equipment options ever
Running Game- CL is actually fun again. Well, being a HB is.
Alt. Jerseys- nuff said

Needs to add for 10-
Create-A-School- For next gen consoles.
Custom Logo Fonts (for CAS)-I always thought that would be wicked awesome.
The ability to transfer a CAS to Online/Offline Dynasty-Think about it. an online dynasty with all created teams. It adds a sense of pride to it
More visible student section-08 hit the nail on the head with this
Band-add a band, plz

thats all i got

@AdamdotH
Old 07-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

1. I love the running game. It is tough, but with patience big gains are just around the corner.

2. I like the interaction between o-line and d-line. I am no longer just falling on the ground, but in a chess match; should I go with finesse or power, should I go inside, outside, or jump the snap.

3. I love the way the player models look like 18 to 23 year old kids.

4. The speed of the game is just perfect and mismatches are exactly that.

5. I love that scrolling depth charts are quick as heck.

6. The improved camera angle in Campus Legend mode.

7. The touches to speed up recruiting.

8. Online and offline dynasty.

9. I love the reduced number of Int's and pick 6s, but they are there.

10. Happy to have alternate jersey's, clear visors, and more stadiums.

11. By the way snow games look great, and I love the weather channel feed.

12. I almost forgot stadium sounds, awesome baby.

13. Crowd is great.

14. Post game highlights.

15. The improved EASportsWorld.

16. Celebrations and the post play continuation.

Wow this list is longer than I expected. This is great game guys, just play more and don't stress to much about the imperfections.

Last edited by Sausage; 07-25-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Had to add more reasons to why I enjoy this game.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Despite the known issues with the game (and there are many), I'm still having a blast with it. Hard to explain but it just FEELS right. I still need to work on my passing game(I tend to throw too many picks into coverage), but I love the running game. Going one on one with a defender and juking him out of his shoes is a hoot.

Player models are spot on this year and finally have a collegiate look to them instead of hulking, buffed out behemoths ala '07 (punters and kickers included).

And I have to admit, custom stadium sounds wasn't really even on my radar when the game released, but since adding a good set, it adds so much to the gameday experience.

Dynamic crowds. Slide protection. Alternate jerseys out of the box. Post TD celebrations. And I have to say I really like the new lighting system (though I miss the progressive lighting). Adding progressive shadows to the new lighting scheme would be awesome.

On a side note, one interesting thing I noticed about this thread so far: Most of the posters here have less than 500 total posts. Hmmm.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #31
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Props for opening up a thread like this.

When all you can see on boards are negative threads, it makes you feel negatively towards the game (though it shouldn't, it does). But when you sit back and think about whats cool about it (and there are a lot of things), it makes you...well at least me...pumped to play some more.

Someone here has in there sig (CountryBoy, I think)..."Playing the games for what they are, instead of worrying about what they aren't"...or something along those lines. I think that's a good motto to go by when playing video games.

With all that said, the majority of the things I really enjoy about this game have been listed somewhere in there. But the thing that stands out to me is the atmosphere in the games. I played college ball, and there are points during the game where it takes me "back in the day."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Things I enjoy:
-quick call recruiting rocks (my favorite year for recruiting ever)
-running game is fun and exciting (no more do I just sprint down the field... I have to think about my runs and use spins/jukes often)
-stadiums look awesome (more realistic appearances, fields look great)
-new animations are fun to watch
-online dynasties
-talking to the EAsports guys from the development team in forums

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »