Home

Apology to OMT - We have been hard

This is a discussion on Apology to OMT - We have been hard within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Apology to OMT - We have been hard

I am not speaking for anyone but myself. I wanted to come out and make a outspoken apology. I have been hard on you. Not directed to you as a person but as the voice of EA.

The bugs and glitchs with the game was a huge short coming for me and being the outspoken person I am. I came and made sure you heard the issues first hand. Which I guess is not a bad thing because it makes sure you hear the issue and can give those issues to the correct departments and let them know what is going on.

But on a whole I am having a blast with the game. I can see the progress that was made from last year to this year. Which is a big step considering how many years it has been just a basic roster update. This is the most "fun" I have had with ncaa since 2004. Sure the blocking is a bit over the top, but if we get a slider fix then we can most likly resolve this issue.

Anyway......Sorry for being so hard on you Adam.
PHOBIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Apology to OMT - We have been hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am not speaking for anyone but myself.
Then maybe you should've titled the post "I've been hard" instead of "We have been hard" lol.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqeg
Then maybe you should've titled the post "I've been hard" instead of "We have been hard" lol.
True, but I know the truth
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqeg
Yeah, I'm not apologizing for giving EA $60 of my hard earned money. They released a broken game, they misrepresented what the kick coverage would be like in the demo, we had to discover the sliders were broken, they wouldn't have told us. They daid the pass rush would be tweaked. The list goes on and on.

I've already spent countless hours trying to make this game playable up to standards that were on the PS2. But I can't.

In fact, I'm still waiting for EA's apology for rushing a game out the door that they admit shipped in a broken state. Give me a break.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Agreed. I am having a great time with this game, and really love some of the new features (from on-the-field stuff to custom sounds).

EA screwed some things up in an effort to make the game much better. It happens, and they are fixing it. Good enough for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #6
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah, I'm not apologizing for giving EA $60 of my hard earned money. They released a broken game, they misrepresented what the kick coverage would be like in the demo, we had to discover the sliders were broken, they wouldn't have told us. They daid the pass rush would be tweaked. The list goes on and on.

I've already spent countless hours trying to make this game playable up to standards that were on the PS2. But I can't.

In fact, I'm still waiting for EA's apology for rushing a game out the door that they admit shipped in a broken state. Give me a break.
Yeah if anything EA should be apologizing to us. I get that it must be hard for Adam since he is our liaison to EA but he knew that if the game blew us away he would be showered with unending praise and if the game was a buggy beta he would be crucified. So now since he is the only person we can easily vent to he is going to hear our displeasure with the game.

"You play to win the game."
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah, I'm not apologizing for giving EA $60 of my hard earned money. They released a broken game
Maybe you should research your purchases next time if you work so hard for your money. If you buy a game sight-unseen when you obviously are aware of an internet forum from which to get a lot of info after the game releases, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to pull the trigger in the first week of release.

Next time, don't be in such a hurry to spend away your hard earned money so we don't have to listen to you complain here.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

i agree, he as already got 2 patches approved and is actually taking the time to respond. Staighten up and show some respect.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »