Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #49

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Patch 2 Info From Pasta Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I have a hunch that the reason why there isn't much of a pass rush is to reduce the likelihood of NCAA 08's INT party. Seriously. When the CPU QB is under pressure, what does it usually do? Throw into coverage or just throw blindly somewhere. Sure it may take a sack here and there. I have yet to see the CPU QB throw the ball away/out of bounds. Not once. It will just throw into coverage somewhere.

That is just my guess. I could be totally off-base, but that's my "hunch".
Thats been my thought for years and I really dont understand how EA hasnt addressed it by making the CPU QB throw the damn ball away, it was the reason we had the INT fest last year, they would rather throw it up for grabs then take a sack and Im dumbfounded how the developers either havent caught this or dont think it should be changed.

On a side note, I keep reading guys saying they are tempted to trade it in towards Madden but might keep it to wait for the patch. Why not trade it in, take the 40.00 credit towards Madden and buy NCAA again down the road, when its going to be 30.00-40.00 on ebay anyways and take advantage of the deal now if you arent going to play NCAA currently anyways?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:57 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Patch 2 Info From Pasta Padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
On a side note, I keep reading guys saying they are tempted to trade it in towards Madden but might keep it to wait for the patch. Why not trade it in, take the 40.00 credit towards Madden and buy NCAA again down the road, when its going to be 30.00-40.00 on ebay anyways and take advantage of the deal now if you arent going to play NCAA currently anyways?
Good idea. I think I'll do that, although I doubt I'll buy it down the road. There are too many other games coming down the pike to wait around for Tiburon to finish this game.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:12 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OU aBeatn
AA, I don't know what you're doing, but if you're getting 8-15 seconds to throw, then you need to play better opponents. I can get great pressure anytime I want with a few adjustments, that isn't the problem. The problem is that the coverage is so bad, the QB is able to drift back just enough to be able to dump the ball off to a curl, drag, out, etc.. If they make man coverages more aggressive, zones more effective, hook zones and flats more effective(which were all included in that list), then you're not going to have those WRs getting the free release, which means the blitz WILL get to the QB. The problem isn't with pass rush as much as it is with the absolutely HORRID coverage that enables a WR to get open within a second every single play.

Regardless, you're not getting freaking 8-15 seconds or anywhere near that to throw the ball. Be real.
I'm going to defend AA here as I agree with everything he says.

I don't know which version of the game you have but you must have got the "magical" one with pass rush. Because in my copy it is non existent.

The QB can sit in a recliner, finish of a 6 pack of beer, go take a wiz and come back to complete a pass.

Like AA said, no matter how much or what they fix, if they don't fix the pass rush the game is absolutely worthless...makes a great coaster though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 AM   #52
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

It's pretty simple no one will wait til sept for a patch at this point. i think we're all hoping that madden IS this years football game
Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #53
stewaat

OVR:

Well I'll be optimist about the pass rush...

If sliders finally work then won't Break Block work? Wouldn't you think that would lead to more pressure/sacks?

Actually who the **** am I kidding?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #54

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
It's pretty simple no one will wait til sept for a patch at this point. i think we're all hoping that madden IS this years football game
Thats just it, Im renting this from Gamefly and if I can get it to work out then fine but if I cant then its going back to Gamefly and Im waiting on Madden, there is no way Im waiting until September to play this. If September hits and the game gets patched and is phenomenol then I may either pick it up off of ebay of rent it again but Im certainly not going to hold onto it until then on a prayer that its fixed.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:43 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7

If the patch actually does include the slider fix, and actually WORKS, I'll wait until Sept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:58 AM   #56

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
If the patch actually does include the slider fix, and actually WORKS, I'll wait until Sept.
Kind of a goofy statement, you wont know until September if its really going to fix anything anyways. So I guess you are willing to sit on it for 2 months, and thats fine but that statement kind of threw me for a loop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »