Home

NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 09 Patch 2 Info (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In my opinion....you could not be more wrong.

A broken pass rush KILLS this game. Kills it. I cannot play a college football game where LITERALLY, you never have to worry about pressure.

Unless you are a ********, thumbless monkey, you will find an open man with the amount of time that folks have to pass in this game, REGARDLESS of team or player ratings.

If you don't have a pass rush...a REAL pass rush, you cannot have a top notch defense. That is football 101. And that doesn't mean 15 sacks a game. For the love of god quit thinking that pass rush means 15 sacks a game . It simply means, great Defensive linemen can penetrate offensive lines, disrupt plays, and FORCE THE QB to make QUICKER DECISIONS. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

The idea that creating an effective pass rush would "create more problems" is flat out absurd.

Well hopefully with them fixing the sliders you can adjust it so the defense gets pressure but not a lot of sacks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 04:12 AM   #66
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

OMT didn't seem to believe there was a pass rush problem, and thought that sliders would fix it.
The OL/DL play is fundamentally broken and sliders won't fix it. However, I still want fixed sliders to help with other areas and to tweak the game to my playing ability.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:18 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In my opinion....you could not be more wrong.

A broken pass rush KILLS this game. Kills it. I cannot play a college football game where LITERALLY, you never have to worry about pressure.

Unless you are a ********, thumbless monkey, you will find an open man with the amount of time that folks have to pass in this game, REGARDLESS of team or player ratings.

If you don't have a pass rush...a REAL pass rush, you cannot have a top notch defense. That is football 101. And that doesn't mean 15 sacks a game. For the love of god quit thinking that pass rush means 15 sacks a game . It simply means, great Defensive linemen can penetrate offensive lines, disrupt plays, and FORCE THE QB to make QUICKER DECISIONS. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

The idea that creating an effective pass rush would "create more problems" is flat out absurd.

i agree with you on this man, if the pass rush isn't fixed this game will still be broken after patch 2.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:42 AM   #68
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Something else that won't be patched and really hurts the game is the ineffective running by the CPU QBs. If I play against Tebow or Pat White, they should run amok. Instead, they dance around behind the line and never tuck the ball in take off. They are way too hesitant. It looks like they are simply looking for someone to pitch to the whole time. This makes playing against teams that use the spread completely unrealistic. And as I said, this ain't gonna be fixed in the patch. Complete bummer. Ruins any sense of realism when you play against these teams.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-26-2008, 05:16 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess everyone doesnt get in depth with the Madden/NCAA combo like myself huh? I'm referring to posts talking about trading NCAA in when Madden comes out. Why? You guys dont do the draft classes from NCAA to Madden every season?
Old 07-26-2008, 05:53 AM   #70

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPeeplz
I guess everyone doesnt get in depth with the Madden/NCAA combo like myself huh? I'm referring to posts talking about trading NCAA in when Madden comes out. Why? You guys dont do the draft classes from NCAA to Madden every season?
I do but those same draft classes will be uploaded to OS at some point anyways, or I can simulate a bunch of seasons and save the recruiting classes, its not like you have to keep the game to take advantage of the draft classes in Madden.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #71
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

Too bad I'll have traded the game off. Maybe if the patch does work though, I might pick it up again sometime in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #72
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

September? Wow. They really don't get it, do they?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »