Home

Having to make House Rules to make the game enjoyable is NOT acceptable

This is a discussion on Having to make House Rules to make the game enjoyable is NOT acceptable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #49
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Having to make House Rules to make the game enjoyable is NOT acceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
ok

lets all applaud EA for making a bugged out game....since I can force myself to enjoy it in the long run

make it $70 next year guys it'll be worth it!
Its honestly like trying to talk to a third grader and I don't know why I bother half the time. But here it goes: We aren't applauding EA for making a buggy game. We are saying that EVERY FREAKING VIDEOGAME EVER MADE HAS BEEN BUGGY AND IN ORDER TO GET PAST SOME OF THOSE BUGS YOU HAVE TO MAKE HOUSE RULES! And unlike you seem to see it in your overly simplistic manner, these people are not morons for wanting to have fun.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:33 AM   #50
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
ok

lets all applaud EA for making a bugged out game....since I can force myself to enjoy it in the long run

make it $70 next year guys it'll be worth it!
I'm not forcing myself to enjoy it, I'm just tweeking how I play the game alittle so that I can enjoy it more. I've played games without the house rules and liked them just fine, but I thought they would be slightly better with them until the patch.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower

I've said this before,and I'll say it again.......I don't give one frogs fat-a$$ WHO makes a football game,but when it seems that so many "house rules" have to be incorperated to get it to play the way we want...then there IS an issue.
And I'll say it again, if that's true, then every football game ever made has been unacceptable. Because at least in my experience every football every made has required a set of house rules for me. I am not saying that's right or wrong, I am say it is what it is.

For me, I just accept it and move on. Everyone plays differently, has a different perception of "realistic football" and has a different view on what fun is. To each their own. While I certainly don't like my opinion and the way I do personally like to do things being called wrong, it is what it is and I guess some people simply can't accept that. No skin off my back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #52
Rookie

GoVols1985's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
During 2k5 I enjoyed that game more (than Madden 05),but I wouldn't consider myself a "big 2k guy".
I have played every Madden and NCAA from (iirc) 2002 on.
APF didn't have the lasting appeal for me due to no franchise,so I didn't dig into that game enough.

Point for me is,that I never understood the point of using "house rules"
What I'm getting at,is somebody creates a thread regarding this....and every apologist comes outta the wood work and explains their "reasoning" behind it.

I've said this before,and I'll say it again.......I don't give one frogs fat-a$$ WHO makes a football game,but when it seems that so many "house rules" have to be incorperated to get it to play the way we want...then there IS an issue.
That's what you do in a debate, someone makes a point, then someone else makes a counterpoint by explaining their reasoning. Would you rather I not give a good argument and just lash out blindly at all targets without rhyme or reason?
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 AM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
Its honestly like trying to talk to a third grader and I don't know why I bother half the time. But here it goes: We aren't applauding EA for making a buggy game. We are saying that EVERY FREAKING VIDEOGAME EVER MADE HAS BEEN BUGGY AND IN ORDER TO GET PAST SOME OF THOSE BUGS YOU HAVE TO MAKE HOUSE RULES! And unlike you seem to see it in your overly simplistic manner, these people are not morons for wanting to have fun.
Just do what I do and put him on ignore. Some people just can't accept the fact, people have a differing opinion than theirs. And when they can't "change your mind" they resort to name calling. In most cases they simply don't know any better. Ignore and move on.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #54
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf1377
His point is that he has had to do it for every game, meaning that every game has been flawed enough that he has had to do this, including games that are held in such a heavenly light (NFL 2k5), not just NCAA 09
I understood his point,but again,does that make it acceptable?
Should I have to cut out running slants because the defense can't cover it properly?
Should I have to not use the "sprint" button because the defense doesn't take the proper angles?
Should I have to count before I can run a punt back due to the "wide open gameplay"?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-26-2008, 01:39 AM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
I understood his point,but again,does that make it acceptable?
Should I have to cut out running slants because the defense can't cover it properly?
Should I have to not use the "sprint" button because the defense doesn't take the proper angles?
Should I have to count before I can run a punt back due to the "wide open gameplay"?
What's acceptable for some may not be for others. Because you don't find it acceptable, means I have to feel the same way?

I had to do very similiar things with 2k5, and it's my favorite football game of all-time. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 01:42 AM   #56
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
But from your past posts it's quite obvious you have no objectivity on the subject.
yea...ok. Give a break.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »