Home

How do you run the option?

This is a discussion on How do you run the option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How do you run the option?

Ok I suck at running the ball anyway but how do you run the option with the qb? Do you hit turbo right after you hike the ball and head down the line or do you lay off the turbo. Any tips on this or running the ball would be awesome..

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How do you run the option?

Personally, I try to hold off on the turbo until I hit the corner, or until after I pitch to the RB and he hits the corner. It also helps to run to the weak side with 1 WR or none at all, when the defense is matched up man to man.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:05 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I usually hold off on the turbo until I can either tell where the blocking scheme sets up.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

thanks guys. it feels to me when I dont hit the turboI get hit by the linebacker or lineman behind the line and if I do I get creamed by the safety, lineman or linebacker. Ill just keep practicing and hopefully have it mastered by patch time.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
Rookie

thatruth22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerob
thanks guys. it feels to me when I dont hit the turboI get hit by the linebacker or lineman behind the line and if I do I get creamed by the safety, lineman or linebacker. Ill just keep practicing and hopefully have it mastered by patch time.
Well the option game is something i actually like, they have it where sometimes the d will take away the back and force you to cut up the field. I usually run some form of speed option out of the shut gun, it gives you more time to read it, also i always use speed burst, and i use the fake pitch alot to freeze the d so i can read it better.

If you don't have a (scrambler) then the option is tough because it seems tougher to make tough pitches with none scrambler types.

All in all you just have to learn how to read it. Just get west va. and go into practice and run the option till you get, hope this is helpful....good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #6
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

the option is pretty simple to run... its like passing, you have a series of reads that basically tell you what to do.. now granted, take into account different formations with your reads.. with a straight up triple option, which has a fullback going up the middle for a fake or dive.. your first read will be the DT in the A gap (between the C and G) if he pinches down, you fake the handoff, if he stunts to the outside of the guard, give him the ball...your next read is the DE of the side you are running to... you usually want to attack him instead of dancing.. go right at the end, if he closes on you, pitch it, if he goes to the RB, cut it up the field.. once that happens, that usually leaves you with the safety or LB..hopefully a safety if your line blocks correctly.. if you get past the DE with the qb and cut it up field, pay attention because your RB still might be trailing you, and could get the pitch when you attack the safety and take it to the house..on using turbo, for me it all depends on what the end does.. if he busts down the line, i'll turbo my *** around that edge and take it 2 on 1 with the LB. if he stays in containment, you will want to lay off turbo and hit the hole cleanly... hope this kind of helps..

Last edited by Birdman18; 07-26-2008 at 01:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »