Home

Quarterbacks with decent THA rating (around 90) throwing exceedingly innumerate?

This is a discussion on Quarterbacks with decent THA rating (around 90) throwing exceedingly innumerate? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quarterbacks with decent THA rating (around 90) throwing exceedingly innaccurate?

I am starting to notice a very common trend of QB's such as OSU's Todd Boeckman (90 THA) and USC's Mark Shanchez (90 THA) over-throwing simple throws such as a 5-10 yard in-route(s) for INT's VERY commonly... and also when I throw a drag route vs. man they will often throw behind and get picked many times or overthrow miserably even though I am precisioning very hard away from the defender while leading my WR. it is getting very annoying.. does this happen to anyone else? please tell me im not the only one.

example:

i could see once in a blue moon.. but this happens WAY too often to be realistic. arms this bad would have never made it passed high school.

Last edited by kardashian; 07-27-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Quarterbacks with decent THA rating (around 90) throwing exceedingly innumerate?

I don't know but ... innumerate? lol You might want to tone down the eruditeness for us rubes there professor.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:42 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Quarterbacks with decent THA rating (around 90) throwing exceedingly innumerate?

meant to say inaccurate.. dont know what i was smoking
Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea, actually I noticed the same thing as well. I won the Heisman with my QB when he was an 88 overall. In the offseason he "improved" to 93 overall, but he seemed to be worse the next season. Strange. At least I'm not the only one.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

yes, i noticed too. i throw less picks/bad passes with the Arkansas State QB than with Graham Harrell of TTU. with Harrell, sometimes, even when my QBs feet are set and the WR stopped on a hook/curl route, he will throw the ball 5-10 yards away from the indented WR. also notice a lot of tip passes that go straight to the DB everytime too when playing as TTU, but i think thats more of the WRs not catching it. can't remember the last time i threw 20+ picks in a season and most i had no control over...

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

The out passes don't bother me so much. My current qb, doesn't hat THAT strong of an arm and my Split End is more height and jumping ability than speed so I take a risk every time I try to throw an out in his direction.

What I do hate; however, is the supposed forcing of the user to make bad throws when there are no signs whatsoever of a bad throw. Good spacing from would be tacklers, set feet, open receiver...then BAM poorly thrown ball that sails behind the receiver into the hands of the guy who was JUST about to be sitting on the bench because he gave up a big play, ONLY now he's a hero because he just ran your errant pass back for 6.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #7
Rookie

I think this is a huge problem... I don't really watch college football so I dont know if these guys struggle to throw a 5 yard in route 7/10 times but hopefully this is not in madden...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #8
Rookie

here is an example of me trying to hit a drag route

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »