Home

Man, the defensive AI sure is awful!

This is a discussion on Man, the defensive AI sure is awful! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Man, the defensive AI sure is awful!

Outs, Slants, and Screens are essentially unstoppable. And they simply do not adjust to my offensive gameplan. If I turn the defensive sliders up any more MY defense will play way too good (since the sliders effect both ).

I play with the offensive sliders heavily watered down, but now THEIR offense is absolute trash because of the Human-CPU slider issue. I don't know what to do. I shouldn't be beating West Virginia 87-7. I seriously considered deliberately recruiting slow players in my dynasty.

I'm playing on AA btw. I tried playing on Heisman and it was like the 2000 St. Louis Rams playing eachother. High scoring, steroid infused stat sheets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Man, the defensive AI sure is awful!

Its weird that you say this since through the first 3 games of my dynasty Ive only gained positive yards on the HB Screen once, everytime since its been blown up or the RB has dropped the ball. Outs are going to be hard to stop if they are running man but I avoid throwing it too often, I let Corso pick my plays and that helps.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

You know you're right, that's my fault. I don't mean Screens because I hardly ever run them...What I incorrectly referred to as a screen is almost any short route below (or on) the line of scrimmage by a RB when he's "covered" by a LB. I deliberately don't call these types of plays.

What I did notice is that the CPU is much more suited for zone. Usually when they are using it, I get moderate gains as opposed to the huge game breaking plays that man coverage allows.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Outs are hard to defend until the A.I decides it is going to make your QB throw the ball back inside to the CB instead of the WR who is cutting to the damn sideline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »