Home

Texas A&M disallows EA Sports from using "12th Man" slogan

This is a discussion on Texas A&M disallows EA Sports from using "12th Man" slogan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #25
Rookie

FutureVol's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Texas A&M disallows EA Sports from using "12th Man" slogan

blah blah point taken....... however if they put this much energy into their team they could call that thing w/e they wanted and ppl could care less..but i dont think its the fact that the 12th man is a TAMU "BRANDED" slogan its the fact the a very mediocore football program is trying to "preserve a brand" lol if u really wanna preserve a brand play some football knock someones block off win a conference championship or for that matter a divisional or even compete every year i gar.un.tee ppl are more affarad to play @ ND even after the season they had then TAMU.....im not dissin TAMU...(ok perhaps a lil bit) but the thing w/ me is if a stadium name defines ur team..then there should be a very large trustee meeting somewhere in the near future..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #26
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34

it's all about the school tradition and i understand what they are talking about. if you have something that important to you, you would want it to be used as a marketing tool to generate revenue because it's more value than that to you. Good Job Texas A&M keep your standards high and hopefully you guys can win more football games this year.
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 AM   #27
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

EA better not try to use the word "The" in a future game or Ohio State will come after them
Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Freaking Aggies. Texas would be a better place without them.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureVol
blah blah point taken....... however if they put this much energy into their team they could call that thing w/e they wanted and ppl could care less..but i dont think its the fact that the 12th man is a TAMU "BRANDED" slogan its the fact the a very mediocore football program is trying to "preserve a brand" lol if u really wanna preserve a brand play some football knock someones block off win a conference championship or for that matter a divisional or even compete every year i gar.un.tee ppl are more affarad to play @ ND even after the season they had then TAMU.....im not dissin TAMU...(ok perhaps a lil bit) but the thing w/ me is if a stadium name defines ur team..then there should be a very large trustee meeting somewhere in the near future..

I can only hope you one day own a patent, trademark, etc. Then and only then will you see the folly of your ways, as someone tries to infringe upon it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
EA better not try to use the word "The" in a future game or Ohio State will come after them
Can you trademark verbal arrogance? I kid I kid.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:28 AM   #31
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Okay okay, so it is a fact that 49 states believe that Texans are arrogant, stubborn, and cocky. Again...no offense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 04:09 AM   #32
Rookie

demon_deacon's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
Okay okay, so it is a fact that 49 states believe that Texans are arrogant, stubborn, and cocky. Again...no offense
I've had to live with these Aggies my whole life.

I got the hell out of there and now I'm happily in North Carolina.

"Arrogant, stubborn, and cocky" though? Sounds like our president! Who..happens to be from Texas..touché.

But seriously we aren't all bad. Aggies aren't even that bad - I have friends that go there. This whole debate with the school is flat-out dumb though. Period. Just dumb. Aggies will be aggies.

Can you imagine if the game didn't put the slogan in on Kyle Field?? Jesus we would be in for a aggie crusade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »