Home

im already bored of ncaa 09

This is a discussion on im already bored of ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: im already bored of ncaa 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yep and I critiqued that game and All Pro to death for that very thing. What's interesting is everyone says "they are video games." Yes they are, but no one gives a justification for why certain things are demanded to be right and others are not. Some people are flippant when it comes to things like in the video you posted or the one I posted but if a QB can pass for 1, 000 yards a game all hell breaks loose. "EA you F'ed us again!!!" Or if they had not fixed the franchise stats for RB's they'd be hearing it left and right. Or last year, Pick Six.

The one thing that is clear in all of our discussion is that we all have different points of emphasis that we would like to see done better, and for QB's to be like they are in NCAA when we have been talking with EA about this for years, yeah, I'll just step away. Might as well because, it would seem that things are going in one ear and out the other, but I guess that's what happens when the marketing team and shareholders control what we as gamers get and do not allow the people who develop football to develop football.

Let's look at this from a place called Realityville. In Realityville, companies exist to make money, first and foremost. In Realityville, companies have to make games accessable to the broadest base possible to make more money. You simply can't expect companies to create a game purely on the wishes of the few.

It comes down to the point where you have to evaluate this hobby. Are you in it to have fun, or is it purely about creating this perfect simulation of a football game. I have no issue with critiquing games, but when you spend more time critiquing, video posting, slider adjusting and bitching, than simply having fun... some might say it is time to find a new hobby and add a few years to your life. EA is always going to leave you wanting more.

Artificial Intelligence is just that, artificial. You simply can't create this "perfect sim" as that "sim" is different from person to person.

Far too many variables involved my friend and I do consider you a friend (we do go back a ways - just not under this screen name).
Old 07-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #50
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

this is why im bored with this game, now in this vid tell me WHAT THE HECK ARE THE PEOPLE ON DEFENSE DOING?,http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/64297
Old 07-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Let's look at this from a place called Realityville. In Realityville, companies exist to make money, first and foremost. In Realityville, companies have to make games accessable to the broadest base possible to make more money. You simply can't expect companies to create a game purely on the wishes of the few.
This makes LB point completely

There is much more of us that want realism than those who DON'T. The problem is the big wigs in corp, want money and money comes from a broad range of comsumers. Which means, 8 years olds, 15 year olds, 30 year olds, 50 years olds, arcade gamers, sim gamers, casual gamers.

The problem is it is so broad a game that it leads itself into all kinds of problems on both fronts. Even casual gamers complaining about the defense.

But corp always wins, little men loss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
this is why im bored with this game, now in this vid tell me WHAT THE HECK ARE THE PEOPLE ON DEFENSE DOING?,http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/64297
They are doing the old school tecmo bowl mimic the ball carrer move. It is all the rage, no one wants a defense that would go after the ball carrier
Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
This makes LB point completely

There is much more of us that want realism than those who DON'T. The problem is the big wigs in corp, want money and money comes from a broad range of comsumers. Which means, 8 years olds, 15 year olds, 30 year olds, 50 years olds, arcade gamers, sim gamers, casual gamers.

The problem is it is so broad a game that it leads itself into all kinds of problems on both fronts. Even casual gamers complaining about the defense.

But corp always wins, little men loss

Did you do a survey on this? Why is Wii blowing PS3 and 360 sales out of the water? Why is the DS blowing the PSP out the water? In Realityville, more people are getting into gaming. If I was running a company I would do everything I could to get as much of the pie as I could, you would too. If you are referring to "US" as people who post here at OS, well that is pretty short-sided view of the marketplace.

I never said it is the best for sports gamers who want ultra-sims but that is not how things work these days. This is not the EA Sports from the Genesis era and I doubt you will ever see that again.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
That's a deliciously ignorant comment when evidence shows the exact opposite.

But hey, its your money.

If you want to pay 60 bucks to play exclusively online against a dozen guys on your friends list, over and over and over again...that's your call.

I assure you that is what you will be doing.

You will be posting in the madden forum within 1 week after its release complaining about not being able to find a league that is sim enough, or something related to online gameplay.

Online gaming is geared towards the casual gamer/sports fan.

ive been shelling out money since i was a pre teen selling candy in school for football games.

i play in 3-4 SIM leagues so im very satisfied with that. ncaa just sucks.

as far as online being geared towards a certain player, thats false. its geared towards competetion

remember before madden had the xbox live license, what were the sales figures?

its all about online gaming, the few who dont play online only play 2-3 games a week

for madden ill play 2-3 games a day. and this is with a girl and a 5 1/2 year old kid as-well to split time with

get your grown man on and enjoty the game for what is is built for......online competetion or head to head competetion

dynasty is like single player battlefield.....it just doesnt matter. the game isnt built for it.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #55
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Actually this isn't exactly what I meant. They could have a team of ex-NFL'ers that have degrees in computer programming ect that would know how to put this thing together ect, but the marketing team and shareholders have so much say so over what the gamers get that the developers and programmers voice often times is nullified.
hey lbz, lets face it, with 2k not around ,Ea has not made a good quilaty football game since Ncaa 2004 and Madden 2005 on the ps2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:12 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Did you do a survey on this? Why is Wii blowing PS3 and 360 sales out of the water? Why is the DS blowing the PSP out the water? In Realityville, more people are getting into gaming. If I was running a company I would do everything I could to get as much of the pie as I could, you would too. If you are referring to "US" as people who post here at OS, well that is pretty short-sided view of the marketplace.

I never said it is the best for sports gamers who want ultra-sims but that is not how things work these days. This is not the EA Sports from the Genesis era and I doubt you will ever see that again.
I can see how you miss took my post.

What I meant was there are much more people out there that want realism. Not everyone is this (ds,wii) gamer. ALOT of people, even casual fans are going to experience the problems with the game. Not just the realism crowd.

So to act as if the problems are because of gearing the title towards one area or another is false. They now know that the defense was a issue and just like in 2005. When they released madden and the new feature was "Fear the D" on back the box. It will be the same thing next year.

Problems are problems no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Oh and for this question : Why is Wii blowing PS3 and 360 sales out of the water? It is simple really. Mommy and daddy are much more likly to go and spend 150$ or what ever the wii is right now than go and spend 500$ for a pre-teen.

The PS3, 360 sales tend to be much more from 20 something and above gamers. So yes the little kids out rank us.

Last edited by Phobia; 07-29-2008 at 03:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »