Home

im already bored of ncaa 09

This is a discussion on im already bored of ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: im already bored of ncaa 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Did you do a survey on this? Why is Wii blowing PS3 and 360 sales out of the water? Why is the DS blowing the PSP out the water? In Realityville, more people are getting into gaming. If I was running a company I would do everything I could to get as much of the pie as I could, you would too. If you are referring to "US" as people who post here at OS, well that is pretty short-sided view of the marketplace.

I never said it is the best for sports gamers who want ultra-sims but that is not how things work these days. This is not the EA Sports from the Genesis era and I doubt you will ever see that again.

You know, strictly on the field, the Wii version of this game is dang fun. This is also the reason why MLB Power Pros for the Wii is liked so much.

Funny that you bring this point up, because I have recently taken the attitude when playin online of: "You know what? Instead of fighting the game, just accept that, until further notice, the game is what it is, and try to play it the best way the game will let you."

Not the ideal solution for sure, but it provides a lot less aggravation. When something wacky happens, Im not ready to burst a blood vessel anymore.

I just shrug it off, laugh at it..and hope for a redzone turnover.

Amazingly, Ive been getting a lot of them lately, since people are so dang impatient to get the ball down the field, that after a entire drive of being made to dink and dunk, the just fire the ball into the end zone into all kinds of traffic.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
You know, strictly on the field, the Wii version of this game is dang fun. This is also the reason why MLB Power Pros for the Wii is liked so much.

Funny that you bring this point up, because I have recently taken the attitude when playin online of: "You know what? Instead of fighting the game, just accept that, until further notice, the game is what it is, and try to play it the best way the game will let you."

Not the ideal solution for sure, but it provides a lot less aggravation. When something wacky happens, Im not ready to burst a blood vessel anymore.

I just shrug it off, laugh at it..and hope for a redzone turnover.

Amazingly, Ive been getting a lot of them lately, since people are so dang impatient to get the ball down the field, that after a entire drive of being made to dink and dunk, the just fire the ball into the end zone into all kinds of traffic.
I agree with you.

But I am not "popping a blood vessel" just because some of us post here stating the problems we see with the game does NOT mean we are going home and throwing a fit over it. Just stating on a SPORTS GAME message board how we feel the gameplay is.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #59
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Then the gaming industry isn't for you. You will never get a completly excellent game. Never.

Are you kidding? There are plenty EXCELLENT games out, always have been.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #60
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
ive been shelling out money since i was a pre teen selling candy in school for football games.

i play in 3-4 SIM leagues so im very satisfied with that. ncaa just sucks.

as far as online being geared towards a certain player, thats false. its geared towards competetion

remember before madden had the xbox live license, what were the sales figures?

its all about online gaming, the few who dont play online only play 2-3 games a week

for madden ill play 2-3 games a day. and this is with a girl and a 5 1/2 year old kid as-well to split time with

get your grown man on and enjoty the game for what is is built for......online competetion or head to head competetion

dynasty is like single player battlefield.....it just doesnt matter. the game isnt built for it.
All I know is that if I want head to head competition I'll play people in a real game of sports, not a video game.

Aw snap I beat you in that video game! Who gives a ****? You gotta be involved in real sports man...not a video game.

Video games are a hobby and they will never replace the competitiveness of a real opponent.

And to the person who asked how I am enjoying it:

I like the dynasty mode...yep I like to have my own team and try and build them up. It's fun for me. Competition will come tonight when I play pickup basketball.

LMAO at people trying to get competition from others in a video game.

JMO

Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Let's look at this from a place called Realityville. In Realityville, companies exist to make money, first and foremost. In Realityville, companies have to make games accessable to the broadest base possible to make more money. You simply can't expect companies to create a game purely on the wishes of the few.

It comes down to the point where you have to evaluate this hobby. Are you in it to have fun, or is it purely about creating this perfect simulation of a football game. I have no issue with critiquing games, but when you spend more time critiquing, video posting, slider adjusting and bitching, than simply having fun... some might say it is time to find a new hobby and add a few years to your life.

Artificial Intelligence is just that, artificial. You simply can't create this "perfect sim" as that "sim" is different from person to person.

Far too many variables involved my friend and I do consider you a friend (we do go back a ways - just not under this screen name).
Agreed in the first point. But what we are dealing with here is a power structure that is determinant over consumers patterns of spending. And the reality is, it is the only power structure that has power over consumers of video football games. What is being shown is they can do whatever they want and still be a determining factor over a mass majority of consumer dollars. Whether that be an accessible game or not. The consumer will perceive it as accessible, when there isn't anything else out there that helps them see otherwise.

On your argument of having fun. Just what does that mean? It is a stratified category. The game itself is nothing. Fun is the subjective meaning that emerges as consumers play it. And for some people all of the circus stuff just isn't fun. Some people could care less about that and I wouldn't fault them for that. But at issue here is, not a question for me as consumer and video game player. It is not the case that I already, prior to playing the game, approach it as, "not fun." As if is some category out there that I am intentionally placing upon the game. Fun is something that emerges or does not emerge as I play it; it is interesting that you applied that very logic to sim when you said
Quote:
"sim" is different from person to person.
However, you fail to realize that "fun" is just as stratified as "sim" is, yet your directive is to just "have fun." It's not that simple. As both are categories that emerge or do not emerge as one plays the game.

Of course there are several other categories that come into play here, such as balance in terms of "commensurable activity," that is, whatever that can be done on offense, defense has an equalizer for it. With that said, I am not one that demands everything to be completely realistic or in your words "perfect sim" in order for me to get enjoyment. What I have just posted should be indicative of that.

I agree that there are a great deal of variables at play. But I don't think people are asking for them to capture every variable.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-29-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I agree with you.

But I am not "popping a blood vessel" just because some of us post here stating the problems we see with the game does NOT mean we are going home and throwing a fit over it. Just stating on a SPORTS GAME message board how we feel the gameplay is.
Oh, Im not pointing fingers at anyone, I was talking strictly about my own reactions
Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #63
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Let's look at this from a place called Realityville. In Realityville, companies exist to make money, first and foremost. In Realityville, companies have to make games accessable to the broadest base possible to make more money. You simply can't expect companies to create a game purely on the wishes of the few.
Companies do exsist to make money, no ones going to argue that. But the degree to which they put profit over qaulity varies incredibly.
Chrysler and BMW both make cars, and they both look to make money, but WE all know the care and qaulity put into those products is miles apart.
By your example Ferrari should start building econo-boxes for soccer moms.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
All I know is that if I want head to head competition I'll play people in a real game of sports, not a video game.

Aw snap I beat you in that video game! Who gives a ****? You gotta be involved in real sports man...not a video game.

Video games are a hobby and they will never replace the competitiveness of a real opponent.

And to the person who asked how I am enjoying it:

I like the dynasty mode...yep I like to have my own team and try and build them up. It's fun for me. Competition will come tonight when I play pickup basketball.

LMAO at people trying to get competition from others in a video game.

JMO

I agree 100%. I buy a game for all of the modes that the game has to keep me entertained.

Gaming is leisure to me. I get my competitive juices flowing at the gym ,flag football on the weekends, and the rec basketball league.

"Online Competitors" tend to have an over inflated opinion of themselves, and act like WWE characters.

When I think of people who view online gaming like this, I think of those fools on the Madden Nation Tour Bus.

No thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »