Home

Mario Running is Back in Full Force

This is a discussion on Mario Running is Back in Full Force within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Mario Running is Back in Full Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Statements like that are the reason why this game will never make it past mediocracy.

Youre right that this is not a "big" issue, but the fact that EA is removing elements on almost a yrly basis is. Stop giving EA a free pass.

Seeing how the negitive outways the positive posts by a ratio of atleast 10:1 im not seeing the free pass.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #18
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

The negatives would not out way the positives if there were more positives. "THE CORPORATION(EA)" has been doing this for years its nothing new we all know this.

Next year they may bring the animation back and say "Look with new animations no more running in place when running into your blockers."

The game has its good points. But it has quite a few more bad points. And they really stand out when we see things taken out of the game that helped the game the year before. Then put back in the in the future as a new upgrade.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 19

Yeah I have no agenda here, its just frustrating when they remedy it and than the next year its back. I have to assume that when they tweaked the running engine that they had to redo everything including the anti mario one. Its hard for a game series to progress when for every step forward it takes two additional steps backward. I really like the cone idea as well and now I'm dissapointed to see its not even optional with the left trigger. I just wish they'd keep the good stuff in the game and continue to build on it without adding new good stuff and taking some of the old good stuff out. How can you build on something when your foundation is constantly changing?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #20
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought at one time that they took things out of the game just to have something the to bring back the following years. As to say here is something new without really making anything new. But now I dont know. It just seems like "THE CORPORATION" can do whatever it wants.

If they want to take things out the game for whatever reason they can. I dont know why its done but it just doesnt make sense. And it also makes the long time NCAA and Madden fans feel tricked or slighted
Old 07-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309

Best feature in a forum ever. His post history reads like most EA trolls. This sucks, that sucks, crap, poo, lol EA, 2K sports is great. Did I mention that 2K rules, in every other post I make.

These are just from today, did not event venture beyond that as I have seen this broken record too many times.
And your post history looks like someone who was paid by EA to promote the game. I'm sorry, but registering on launch day and only making posts trying to cut down those who have complaints about the game is the same thing. I don't have anything wrong with either side, but it's hypocritical to complain about someone doing the same thing you are but on different sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Back on topic...

Mario Running is an issue in EA's football games. For me, it completely zaps the realism from the running game.

I made a thread about it a month or two ago in the Madden forums and Ian Cummings said they were working to address it (next year I presume).

Collision Detection Among Teammates
Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #23
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I've found that you can click the R stick either to the right or left and you can pretty easily break the Mario-running animation and slide theough the hole, if ther is one.

But it's definitely there.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #24
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Its there, it has been, it will be, its a result of the engine and animations they use. Until they scrap it, we will see alot of these issues for years to come

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »