Home

NCAA 09 is too hard for you...admit it!

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 is too hard for you...admit it! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 AM   #33
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NCAA 09 is too hard for you...admit it!

LMAO at all of this...

"Vary your schemes"

"It's all about matchups"

B freaking S!!!

"Schemes" don't stop Robo QB's "Ultimate Screen Pass" or "Throw off the backfoot a perfect strike for a 30 yard gain" or the fact that all 4 of my downlinemen are stonewalled/pancaked 90% of the game.

But please, keep telling us how we don't know how to play the game.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 AM   #34
Rookie

demon_deacon's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
LMAO at all of this...

"Vary your schemes"

"It's all about matchups"

B freaking S!!!

"Schemes" don't stop Robo QB's "Ultimate Screen Pass" or "Throw off the backfoot a perfect strike for a 30 yard gain" or the fact that all 4 of my downlinemen are stonewalled/pancaked 90% of the game.

But please, keep telling us how we don't know how to play the game.
No it is easy.

You guys don't know what you're talking about. This is what you need to do:

EA mixed up the sliders; through thorough testing I've found that the Mascot Game is really supposed to be the Play Now option - hence all the Robo QB's (because they're mascots). Now what you need to do is start playing the Mascot Game while drinking a Coke Zero - since it is the "Coke Zero" Mascot Game. This will not only allow you to make faster defensive changes - a la making the safety blitz from cover 2 - but you can also jump the snap faster.

***But this is they key: Once you get in the red zone, you MUST play while riding in a Pontiac on headrest TV monitors with Lee Corso driving at the exact MPH of your current line of scrimmage. Period. There were hints all along - the "beep beep beep" commentary line - you guys were just too dense to see it. You're welcome.

Last edited by demon_deacon; 07-30-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:41 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

I think the people complaining about gameplay have said it's TOO EASY. For instance, you can take any team in the game and beat Georgia on Heisman. Just run crossing patterns and slants which are automatic. You'll go 40-45 and score on every drive. That's the bigger issue for me, not some nonsense about not knowing how to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

Really some gameplay elements aren't flawed or broken? Is that why there will be a second patch to adress gameplay issues? Or are they just releasing one for the hell of it? The pass rush, pass coverage and sliders are all either broken or flawed no matter what spin you try to put on it. If you don't mind these issues ,then so be it enjoy the game but don't act like they don't exist. Great d-lines should not be getting stood up and pancacked every play and cpu db's should play with some sense. I can't control all the players on the field at the same time, there is only some much you can do to try to get around the ai and gameplay issues.

But you know what OP go on thinking your smarter than the developers who actually worked on the game or that the rest of us have no idea how to play.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-30-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll feed the poor troll too, just because I'm bored.

Hey look, I'm just glad that all of the online dynasty problems (like resets, losing games to the false "server is unavailable" message, etc.) are because I don't know how to play the game.

I suppose there's some truth to it. All you have to do to win in dynasty mode is recruit a single RB (doesn't matter the rating) with 4.16 speed and make him your KR/PR. How many ret TDs do you want? 20 a season? No problem.

Thank you OP, you saved us!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3569

The problem that many of you have with this game is that you are too dependent on the AI to do everything for you.
i don't want the AI to do everything for me. I just don't want the AI to put my entire back 6/7 in such a bad position that i have no chance to manually make a play. a majority of my picks have always been user picks and i've always played on heisman so i've got decent stick skills and i assure you i know how to call a game defensively. the AI this year is so bad that it really looks like the other 10 players on my defense are trying to let the CPU score every play.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #39
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate09
i don't want the AI to do everything for me. I just don't want the AI to put my entire back 6/7 in such a bad position that i have no chance to manually make a play. a majority of my picks have always been user picks and i've always played on heisman so i've got decent stick skills and i assure you i know how to call a game defensively. the AI this year is so bad that it really looks like the other 10 players on my defense are trying to let the CPU score every play.

Man I feel the same as you on this,Because It do seem like your controlled player is out there playing by himself.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

game is too easy, im playing a dynasty with idaho, and most of my games end in a score of 60-30 or something like that,
and im on hiesman,
the offense has to be toned down some kinda way,
they can start by addressing the Kicking game,
returning kicks is all messed up, every posession starts at the 35+

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »