Home

Those Of You Who Are Playing As DLs and DE's..

This is a discussion on Those Of You Who Are Playing As DLs and DE's.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Those Of You Who Are Playing As DT's and DE's..

I play as a defensive end because that's what I'm used to. Ever since my brother and I played Madden when we were younger, back even to Madden 95 days, I'd always play on the right, my brother on the left, and we'd leave the secondary to it's own devices.

I guess since I've played the same position for years upon years of football, I'm just not comfortable controlling a corner or safety with lots of field around me. I feel better if the AI screws up coverage moreso than if I screw up coverage.

Oh, and my brother still plays on the line as well .
Old 07-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Those Of You Who Are Playing As DLs and DE's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
how does this work out for you online?
i don't play online
Old 07-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

I play online as a DT, and I couldn't see doing anything else. I switch when I need to, but it allows me to stop the run and to stunt and contain the QB on passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboy7
i control d-linemen exclusively. my strategy is to check their ratings first to see if they are better at finesse or power moves. that way i know which move to use. when the off breaks the huddle i pan back to check their line-up (to see if i need to flip the play). from there i make any adjustment neccesary (changing db, dl or lb assignments. show blitz, etc.). when the qb snaps the ball, if i don't "jump the snap", i turbo for a sec then swim/power move. then when disengaged turbo some more. this usually works well for me. it takes a little practice though.
How often do you get sacks? Personally when I'd bust through the line the QB would just throw off his back foot before I could get to him. I got a few Roughing the Passer penalties haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Speed rush works pretty well for me.
Speed rush as in try to run around the tackle? Or speed rush as go right at him and do a swim move to the outside? Do you just have a fast DE you run around the corner with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
After playing a few games on line I'm done with this game. You can't play defense, it won't let you. I never have the feeling that I am in control on defense. I can score at will and so can everyone I play. This is very frustrating and the worst football game I've ever played.
Defense is very, very frustrating. Hopefully by the end of August they have the patch out and it is improved.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
How often do you get sacks? Personally when I'd bust through the line the QB would just throw off his back foot before I could get to him. I got a few Roughing the Passer penalties haha.
I am in the same boat. The reason I do not get sacks against the CPU is because they always just fire the ball away in 2 seconds or less unless it is a screen pass. I have had the CPU QB literally throw the ball as soon as he received it. I try everything and I am lucky to get 1 sack a game.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
I play online as a DT, and I couldn't see doing anything else. I switch when I need to, but it allows me to stop the run and to stunt and contain the QB on passes.

See, what Im trying to accomplish, is to get these DL's to be some kind of factor, without sacraficing coverage. Mainly online as oppose to off. These guys just have too much time to throw.

Offline, I just cover, there's no point using the DL since the QB releases the ball in a micro second.

Unfortunately, I do not think what Im trying to accomplish is possible with this game as is.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

They can be a factor. Don't let your D-Line stagnate. Slant them, pinch them, rush out, etc. on every play. I use the 3-technique DT, and if I see run, at the least I occupy two blockers to free up my LBs. And if I see pass, I rush outside to the field, and put pressure on the QB. It works like a champ, trust me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #16
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

There is a dude on USF that has like 96 ACC and he is a DE. I get a ton of sacks (11) in my online dynasty with him. His finesse move is like a 99 too.

I work outside the tackle then use a finesse move to the inside. This seems to work well.

George Silve is his name or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »