Home

Someone Please help me defend vs the gators!

This is a discussion on Someone Please help me defend vs the gators! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Someone Please help me defend vs the gators!

ok so i beat them the first time i played them online...the kid just knew how to drop back 30 yards and fire to Harvin. But this kid i just got done playing was putting WR's in at QB and Harvin at QB and running the option with them. He also would spread 5 WR's and roll out with tebow so if his guys were covered he could scramble 20+ yards for w/e he needed! it got frustrating as ever and i got blown out 41-7. Anyone can help me with this? I use the 4-3 defensive playbook.

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: Someone Please help me defend vs the gators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
ok so i beat them the first time i played them online...the kid just knew how to drop back 30 yards and fire to Harvin. But this kid i just got done playing was putting WR's in at QB and Harvin at QB and running the option with them. He also would spread 5 WR's and roll out with tebow so if his guys were covered he could scramble 20+ yards for w/e he needed! it got frustrating as ever and i got blown out 41-7. Anyone can help me with this? I use the 4-3 defensive playbook.

Playing someone who uses the Gator offense sensibly is going to be very tough to beat in this game.

If you are playing a roll out maniac..Throw a healthy dose of 3-3-5 nickle CB Dog Blitz at him, until he shows he is smart enough to stop blindly rolling out at the snap of the ball. Pass commit when you run these blitzes, so the rushes dont get sucked into play fakes.

Run 3-3-5 Nickle, Base Nickel, Nickle Strong, 3-2-6 Dime, and quarters defenses.

Assign a DE to spy, Control the strong side or wide side Saftey or LB and strafe to contain the option, and to patrol for drag routes, crosses and posts.

Try to make a play for the ball in the air, and pray for a mistake.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

I have never lost to Florida online (5-0), even when I played the #46 ranked player (I believe he is Level 20), smoke90066. He averages 42 points a game, and I beat him 13-0. The secret is to run a mixed bag of fronts and coverages. I also run the 43 playbook, and almost every formation in there has a corner blitz, even the base 43. Use it. Keep him off guard. Spy your LBs for the quick passes over the middle. Press your CBs too sometimes, don't be scared.

One more thing, and I don't know why more people don't do this: always punt and kick it to Harvin. Why you ask? Overwork the guy. I do that to him and to Noel Devine. It's just an extra hit that they have to take, and by the 3rd quarter, those guys are hurt and out of the game. Most people are too scurred to do it... don't be scurred.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight

One more thing, and I don't know why more people don't do this: always punt and kick it to Harvin. Why you ask? Overwork the guy. I do that to him and to Noel Devine. It's just an extra hit that they have to take, and by the 3rd quarter, those guys are hurt and out of the game. Most people are too scurred to do it... don't be scurred.

HAHAHA.. We are of the same mind, I do this to. Get the dude tired. Its worth it just to get Devine out of hte game for a couple of plays.

My last game against the Gators online, I actually used my CB for the entire game and gave up 16 points. He wanted to look for Harvin 1st, so I just covered the man myself and forced him to get other guys the ball.

Worked just well enough to pull out a win.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
HAHAHA.. We are of the same mind, I do this to. Get the dude tired. Its worth it just to get Devine out of hte game for a couple of plays.

My last game against the Gators online, I actually used my CB for the entire game and gave up 16 points. He wanted to look for Harvin 1st, so I just covered the man myself and forced him to get other guys the ball.

Worked just well enough to pull out a win.
Nice! Playing CB, that's definitely a way to do it too. And I'm glad to see that someone else uses the strategy to overwork those guys. Works great for me, because when I put Harvin/Devine/White out of the game, they don't know what to do, and it makes them very predictable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole

Just play straight up..If he tends to run all the time or scramble senselessly around waiting to see if you rush then he takes off twenty yards behind the line of scrimmage trying to break the big run let him..Just stay back and wait till he hopelessly throws an interception or gets tackled twenty yards downfield, i have had several west virginia pat white sramblers disconnect because they were getting blown out.. Just look at the formations he is using and his tendencies, adjust to that and you will be fine..Florida has alot of speed. I would worry more about those receivers than Tebow taking off....
Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Nice! Playing CB, that's definitely a way to do it too. And I'm glad to see that someone else uses the strategy to overwork those guys. Works great for me, because when I put Harvin/Devine/White out of the game, they don't know what to do, and it makes them very predictable.

I would love to play the CB spot full time, but I just do not trust the middle of the field to be defended reliably, so I pick my spots based on where I am on the field (usually redzone), down-distance, and how my opponent is playing.

But yeah, it feels good to blanket someone's top WR, and to user pick curls and slants. Folks stop running those patterns every dang play real quick, when they see that happen.

the best part of playing the CB is that I can literally feel my opponent going "What the ...?? He's using the corner??" through my screen....and he sits there trying to decide whether or not to test me. Thats always fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »