Home

NCAA vs. Madden

This is a discussion on NCAA vs. Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA vs. Madden

What team are you and what team did you play with what sliders and settings?
Old 07-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
What team are you and what team did you play with what sliders and settings?
It was an online game. I had Florida he had Clemson
Old 07-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The nation champion the last 4 years has scored 38 points or more. The Big 10 averaged 26.3 points per game in conference matchups in 2007. That's still far greater than the NFL's 21.7 average no matter how you spin it.
This is true of the nation champion, but in those last 4 years how many points did their opponents score? You can't just look at the champion and say, well they scored this so College is a much higher scoring game. They scored X and their opponent scored? LSU blew out OSU because of their Offense and Ohhh their Defense, putting a whipping on OSU. LSU and OK was a close game, with two tough defenses. USC and Texas was a score fest. Lastly, OSU got blown out by Florida and Ted Ginn and Troy Smith were no where to be found. This was not simply because of Florida's Offense, their defense had a great deal to do with that game as they made Troy Smith look lost and scared.

These national title games do not IMO show that college is a more offensive game, to me they show the same balance that an NFL games shows when both offense (points scored) and defense (points allowed) are taken into account. They scored X on offense, but they gave up X on defense. When taking both into account, I don't see how one can make the generalization of College being a more wide open game; not based on the last 4 national title games. If you have a great defense you are going to hold guys down, 3 of these 4 games show that. If you have a great offense and you run into a buzzsaw defense you are gonna have problems, 3 of these 4 games show that. If you have a great offense and defense that gets you the ball back even against another great defense they will eventually fade. So I don't buy the generalization: Not if you are using the Title games as evidence. Football on all levels IMO is too complex for that.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

And btw, when OSU faced Florida and LSU and when LSU beat OU, what was the key thing that OSU and OU could not handle? In Corso's words, SEC Speed on BOTH sides of the ball. NCAA 09 gives you that on offense, but not defense.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:45 PM   #21
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Researching is fundamental know your facts before you make smart remarks
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortab...=2007&group=80

College is a offensive based game therefore the games should stay that way.

The NFL had one team average 30+ which is why it's more defense oriented

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007
Do you not know anything about college football?
All teams in the NFL are pretty equal, there is a lot of parity. That causes close scores.

In College Football many teams may have higher avg. scores because there isn't even close to as much parity, when Florida State plays Chattanooga their avg. score is driven up. Your point would sort of be correct except for many times when playing this game we play with two top teams and the score ends up in the 40's. That just doesn't happen in real life.

If all the top 30 teams made a league and only played each other I bet each of their points per game totals would lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Show me some proof LB. Any of you that think that scoring is the same in the NFL vs. College, please provide some stats to make your point. I don't see it.

If you go just by average points scored, the scoring in college is far higher. If you try to go by even matchups, its still higher. The average point total by a team in a Big 10 game or SEC game is 5 or 6 points higher than an NFL game (SEC 27.1, Big 10 26.3, NFL 21.7). That's not an insignificant margin.

If you just look at the top teams that matchup, its still true. In 2007 there were 5 BCS games and 300 points were scored which equals 30 points per team. In 2006 we had 5 BCS games combine for 282 points or 28.2 points per team. 2005 had four BCS games and while one went into triple OT (26-23 low score), the average was 31.9.

Look at the NFL playoffs last year. Wild card weekend average: 21.3. Divisional playoffs: 25.4. Conference championship: 19. Superbowl: 15.5. Total average score per team in the NFL playoffs was 21.8 (very close to the regular season average).

Until one of you guys that doesn't think there is a difference can show me concrete numbers that you are right then you are wrong. Its all based strictly on your opinion as I have posted tons of stats showing how much more offensive college is. Dominant defenses and lower scores are far more prevalent in the NFL than in college and I see no evidence to the contrary.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
If all the top 30 teams made a league and only played each other I bet each of their points per game totals would lower.
Like when you look at conference stats between 8 to 12 teams that are relatively similar? Scoring drops but its still far higher than an NFL game.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

LBRulez you said that LSU's D shut down the Bucks if you look at the stats for that game you will see that the Buckeyes outgained LSU. So they didn't dominate with their speed on defense. I think people need to realize that the NFL has SIZE and SPEED at all positions on defense, where as very few college teams do. It is most certainly true that on average the college game is higher scoring then the NFL, just go look at Tennessee, Florida, or Georgia's SEC games to see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »