Home

Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Bill Abner's Review of NCAA '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know if i agree with that. If they didnt care...they wouldnt waste time and manpower releasing patches. They would just leave the game as is and start working on '10. The problem is they are more concerned with releasing the game on its street date than releasing the game bug free. Most companies would have pushed the date back to fix the roster bug and kick coverage but ea has to hit its release dates.
It still all comes down to money if they didn't think goodwill was breached and possible future revenues lost, there wouldn't be a patch. Its a business decision, I get that. I also think there are some programmers who care and take pride in their work. And there are others there that want to do what they believe they were assigned to do and get out of the office on time. But in the end, management has to approve the use of resources on the patch and if they didn't think it would benefit them economically, nothing would be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:22 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Really? Well you obviously havent played alot of football games. The first two Madden's on next gen were much worse than 09.
I've played a ton of football games. I've been playing Madden since day one. As easy as those games were, I don't recall being able to score at any time I want, in any game I want. I certainly never had to CHOOSE to punt the ball so the CPU can compete, the way I have to with NCAA '09. I can almost ignore some of those ugly bugs that plague the game, but scoring any time I want, can't be ignored. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to actually lose a game in NCAA '09 to the CPU - It hasn't happened yet, even on Heisman. I take a trip to the slider section every day, seeing ''new'' sliders where people are getting ''good results,'' and some people actually lose, so I load up the game, put in the broken sliders, and score 60 points.

I'm sure there's been worse, but I didn't pay 60 dollars for any of them. I paid money for this one, and the game sucks. Maybe your copy doesn't suck? I'm happy for you, enjoy the hell out of it. But my copy does. It's terrible. The only reason I'm keeping it, is in hopes the patch will somehow make it playable.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
"I don't think the investors give a sh*t about our quality. They care about our earnings per share. They wait for it to happen. We had three years where we didn't make our expectations. If I were an investor, I would wait and see.

EA CEO John Riccitello
Old 07-31-2008, 04:26 PM   #28
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Yes, but thats not what the poster said. He said it doesnt work. What people here need is some perspective outside of OS and to remember that the OS audience represents a miniscule part of NCAA buyers. So miniscule that its a surprise to me that EA would even bother to release a gameplay patch. For ever person here who complains about the bad KO return coverage (I'm one of them) there are 10 people who dont care about it and love that its so easy to get KO TDs.
I see your point, but for $60, we not only deserve a better product every year, but we deserve a product that plays a good game of football. If I want an insane amount of offense, I will play NFL Street or something. NCAA and Madden should be the sim-oriented games and they need to make sure that on day one these games are as good as possible and if that means postponing them a while, so be it.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault?

In this very thread people have said that 08 was a disaster and people who bought it deserve a refund. That EA hasnt produced a quality football game on next gen among other things. All of you bought a game knowing that EA has a bad track record w/ football but its all EA's fault? I bought the game and while I have fun with it, I see there are a few bugs. The difference is I expected this because thats what happens when you buy a EA football game.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #30
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
People love fried food, they fry anything they can get their hands on. I enjoyed a fried snickers at the last OU/Texas game.

Rejoyce! NCAA 09 >= Fried Food.

On a side point, who cares? One guys opinion, no more no less. Especially coming from one of the Bill's of doom. It is like getting movie reviews for a comedy from some emo kid. We get it, the movie sucks, it sucked before you even saw it. Some of you sheep seem to need validation from others to coincide with your enjoyment level.

Peace out you whiny, wool wearing, crybabies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

#2 & #3 on my ignore list. Thanks OS for this wonderful feature!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:29 PM   #31
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Excellent review. I agree with it 100%, which is why I've started a dynasty on the PS2 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 04:32 PM   #32
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
I guess what kills me is that most of you buy the game year after year and bitch about the same thing! When does it become your fault?

In this very thread people have said that 08 was a disaster and people who bought it deserve a refund. That EA hasnt produced a quality football game on next gen among other things. All of you bought a game knowing that EA has a bad track record w/ football but its all EA's fault? I bought the game and while I have fun with it, I see there are a few bugs. The difference is I expected this because thats what happens when you buy a EA football game.
I was being facetious with the refund comment, I thought that was obvious as it was a bit hyperbolic. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

What is our choice though? Don't play football? It's my favorite sport, I'm going to do what I can to play it. Sure we complain, though in here I think everyone is respectful for the most part, and does so in an intelligent manner, but honestly, as consumers, we have a right to. All we want is a darn good playing football game, I don't think thats too much to ask for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »