Home

The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

This is a discussion on The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #25
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

I'm using UAB and I've had some really good games on AA.

Kodiak is using Louisana-Lafayette and had a 3 game losing streak on AA.

Honestly, I would rather play on AA and have the better "realism" aspect, than play on the "harder" Heisman level and have at least 3-4 instances a game where I literally want to throw my controller through my Television screen.

For my blood pressure and general sanity, I'm staying with All American.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm using UAB and I've had some really good games on AA.

Kodiak is using Louisana-Lafayette and had a 3 game losing streak on AA.

Honestly, I would rather play on AA and have the better "realism" aspect, than play on the "harder" Heisman level and have at least 3-4 instances a game where I literally want to throw my controller through my Television screen.

For my blood pressure and general sanity, I'm staying with All American.
I agree completely. AA is too easy, no doubt. But Heisman is a mess. I actually rather it be too easy than no fun.

I think if/when they fix CPU sliders, AA will be extrememly playable. We need to really jack up their running game, but now that would make us unstoppable. Might try it anyway.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

Like many I have been frustrated as to what level to play at. I like AA more but the CPU running game is rotten there and thus the CPU is not as competitive. After trying MANY slider combos I have found the "simple solution." Go with what I like--meaning AA---but overcome its fatal flaw by switching the run block and run ability sliders each change of possession. When I do this the CPU can run and because it can run it is competitive and I love the game. I resisted this approach for a long time because I didn't want to mess with the slider change. But-after trying it I found out the following:

1) It is NOT much of a hassle . In fact it takes 10 seconds or less each time I do it.
2)After only a couple of games this becomes "automatic" . I don't forget to do it and I don't dread it--it is a minor thing that GREATLY improves the game for me.

My advice is try it out for 2 games and see if you don't love this approach.

I am using a variation of the ZERO sliders as follows: The only sliders I change are the RB and RBA sliders . Of course all slider changes are made on the HUMAN sliders since they are the only ones that work.

HUMAN CPU

40 40
0 0
10 10
40 Switch to 80
15 Switch to 100

0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0
Old 08-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

I have played on AA in every game since 04. Never liked Heisman. To me, this years Heisman is actually an AA level. AA is just SOOOO easy for me its not any fun. In my online dynasty as IU, I had it on default AA and people were winning by 50 points. I had 92% completion through 2 games with over 50 attempts. Heck even after switching to mood's night owl dynasty sliders, my completion % is in the 80's. And no, I'm not throwing dumpoffs all the time. I have 11 ypa and 10 Td's with 2 picks.

And I really haven't been seeing ROBO QB that much. I have QBA around 30-40 and WRC at 0, and the CPU throws between 50-70% on me every game. It is really about your D ability. I think one reason I do well is because I control the MLB. When I'm in zone, Im pretty good at taking away the middle of the field from the CPU qb, or at least making him look elsewhere. If you run a cover 2, or press alot, when he looks elsewhere the places he always looks will be taken away also. I've seen the CPU launch up the deep ball simply because there is nowhere else to throw, and tuck it in to try to run and get sacked because of coverage. It is really not impossible.

In fact, I'm worried the patch may mess things up and overcompensate.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #29
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Yes. There's an additional pickel in your jar too. With non robo qb, interceptions have creeped up enough for me to begin worrying that I'll lead the league in picks every year. How are your picks over the course of a whole year on AA?
After a season on AA, I have the top 4 spots on the defensive back of the year award. That should answer your question.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In my Single player UAB Dynasty I have flip flopped more than a McDonald's burger flipper.

After 2 full seasons, multiple slider tests, etc. It pretty much boils down to 2 truths for me in looking for a fun slider set.

1. Heisman- The Good: CPU runs MUCH better at Heisman and every game is usually hard fought. The Bad: Robo QB. Simply put, Robo QB is frustrating, infuriating, and damn near impossible to stop. If you blitz on Heisman, Robo QB will come up with some ridiculous Brett Farve-esque play and burn you 9 times out of 10.

2. All American- The Good: I can get pressure. I can get sacks, and not just on Screens. Why? Because no more Robo QB. With slider tweaks, the CPU QB becomes "mortal". Non-Robo QB holds onto the ball. Non-Robo QB throws into coverage. Non-Robo QB scrambles and runs for dear life. I like Non-Robo QB. Also...CPU players make mistakes much more realistically such as dropped balls and fumbles.

The Bad: The CPU run game is pretty sorry. They'll attempt to run, but unfortunately, most of the time I hold them to 1-2 yards per carry average in games.

So in essence...it is Robo-QB vs No CPU Run game. At least in my view.

And honestly, after playing both about equal, I'm leaning more towards the non juiced All American level and No Robo QB and just accepting the fact that the CPU run game will be less than stellar.

It just "feels" much more balanced at AA and the mere fact that the CPU QB doesn't always release the ball in a nano second allows SO much more ability to play defense, rush the passer, and wreak havoc on D.

Anyone else having the same conflict of interest?
I've been using a variation of your sliders w/ only tweaks to CPU Run Ability @ 90, and knocking down CPU/HUM punt, kick, and kickoff power to 35.

W/ CPU run blocking at 90 and ability @ 90 the CPU has had some great games against me run wise...Also I have a below-avg LB corps w/ ECU (in my 2nd season).

I'd say stay w/ AA, and if you've already bumped up CPU Run Ability then just convince yourself that you are REALLY good at stopping the run.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #31
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Heisman feels like the CPU in on steroids for me. I agree the running if better, but I cannot stop the CPU on 3rd and long to save myself.

What AA sliders is everyone useing?

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
Heisman feels like the CPU in on steroids for me. I agree the running if better, but I cannot stop the CPU on 3rd and long to save myself.

What AA sliders is everyone useing?
I'm using the OS Legends Heisman sliders...just dropped the difficulty to All American.

I also bumped HUM Run block to 5 from 0 to try and help the CPU out a bit.

Other than that....same sliders.

I'm sticking with them until the patch comes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »