Home

The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

This is a discussion on The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

In my Single player UAB Dynasty I have flip flopped more than a McDonald's burger flipper.

After 2 full seasons, multiple slider tests, etc. It pretty much boils down to 2 truths for me in looking for a fun slider set.

1. Heisman- The Good: CPU runs MUCH better at Heisman and every game is usually hard fought. The Bad: Robo QB. Simply put, Robo QB is frustrating, infuriating, and damn near impossible to stop. If you blitz on Heisman, Robo QB will come up with some ridiculous Brett Farve-esque play and burn you 9 times out of 10.

2. All American- The Good: I can get pressure. I can get sacks, and not just on Screens. Why? Because no more Robo QB. With slider tweaks, the CPU QB becomes "mortal". Non-Robo QB holds onto the ball. Non-Robo QB throws into coverage. Non-Robo QB scrambles and runs for dear life. I like Non-Robo QB. Also...CPU players make mistakes much more realistically such as dropped balls and fumbles.

The Bad: The CPU run game is pretty sorry. They'll attempt to run, but unfortunately, most of the time I hold them to 1-2 yards per carry average in games.

So in essence...it is Robo-QB vs No CPU Run game. At least in my view.

And honestly, after playing both about equal, I'm leaning more towards the non juiced All American level and No Robo QB and just accepting the fact that the CPU run game will be less than stellar.

It just "feels" much more balanced at AA and the mere fact that the CPU QB doesn't always release the ball in a nano second allows SO much more ability to play defense, rush the passer, and wreak havoc on D.

Anyone else having the same conflict of interest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The "Great Pickle" for me AA vs Heisman.

Yes. There's an additional pickel in your jar too. With non robo qb, interceptions have creeped up enough for me to begin worrying that I'll lead the league in picks every year. How are your picks over the course of a whole year on AA?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Yes. There's an additional pickel in your jar too. With non robo qb, interceptions have creeped up enough for me to begin worrying that I'll lead the league in picks every year. How are your picks over the course of a whole year on AA?
Not too terrible. Honestly, it's pretty realistic. Usually 2 a game...about the norm for a real College Football team.

But again, I'm so much less stressed on AA. I've had many instances on 3rd and 16, etc. on Heisman were Robo QB shakes off a tackle, runs to the left, flicks the ball to the right, and manages to always find a receiver for a 17 yard gain and a first down. And if I blitz, Robo QB always knows it and Robo QB always makes me pay.

The issue on AA of a weak CPU run game is pretty small compared to Robo QB...at least...that is my view after 23 games with using UAB.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Im in the same boat, except, i dont feel challenged on All American. I feel like at all times im in control and can break it open. Heisman, i at least feel challenged. Tough stuff.......MAYBE THE PATCH WILL FIX THIS (im yelling so maybe Adam will stop in and answer some questions)

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

As of the one game I've played on AA with good sliders I'd say AA. I'm using Jistic's sliders and it feels a lot better than heisman. The cpu even ran for a 3.8 average.

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 07-31-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Ok, just wondering because with Air Force I had 26 and lead the league on AA with int at 0.

One thing to consider to help the cpu run game, a low tackle slider. There just isn't much we can do to help it when it jukes obsessively and can't negotiate traffic well. I've also had some success lowering the rb ability because it seems like the cpu is less willing to juke with lower rba.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

I have a similar problem. Robo QB pisses me off, but AA is too easy. I just went undefeated with Idaho on AA.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
As of the one game I've played on AA with good sliders I'd say AA. I'm using Jistic's sliders and it feels a lot better than heisman. The cpu ever ran for a 3.8 average.
I use sliders similiar to his and the games are decent for the most part. Overall, this is the biggest problem in the game for the major of users and even last year when we had sliders for both cpu and user i had the same struggle, just not as bad. The CPU just doesn't run well enough on AA, even worse is the games they run ok with the RB- the QB tends to still do the stupid "options". The QB are too accurate on Heisman and kinda are on AA for that matter since they throw short so often. The second patch is really going to be make or break for alot of hardcore, it better be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »