Home

The Two Things That MUST Be Understood

This is a discussion on The Two Things That MUST Be Understood within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Two Things That MUST Be Understood

to all the guys having problems w/ defensive ai, would u mind posting some details of ur defensive strategy? the reason i ask is bcuz i've been playing this series the past 10 years (just like the rest of u) & i don't have hardly any of the probs u guys are having (playing on heisman). my db's & lb's cover just as i called. i get penetration w/ my linemen. no robo-qb (at least as i can recall). i even force bad passes that miss the reciever & hit the ground. heck, i even have clipping called often! let's discuss strategy a little a & maybe we can alieviate some of the things u've been seeing too often.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #18
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I love how these defensive gurus start a thread like this and then vanish.
/agreed!

Its like the vanishing troll...post {poof} now he's back under the bridge!
Old 08-01-2008, 10:16 AM   #19
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
That makes ZERO sense.

ZERO.

The fact that the other 10 AI defenders are "deficient" is not because of the one guy I'm controlling. To think that is absurd.

You make these declarative statements like you are one of the developers and honestly, it's just a "guess" the same as the rest of us.

If I'm playing as the DT, even if I get through on a play, animations aren't "progressive". 1 or 2 of my fellow linemen are going to get stonewalled or pancaked regardless.

If I'm playing as a Safety, it has NOTHING to do with what my linemen are doing.

This whole post is just flat out confusing and makes no sense. You ask 100 questions then say...it's all because of what you are doing. Then you say..."I'm not really gonna go into it, but this game is way better than you think."

Huh?

The only thing that is understood in this post is that you really like the game and think it's better than some of us do. That's pretty much it and I'm happy for you. But some of us tend to disagree with you.
After reading the OP's post I was wondering...."I wonder how long it will take AA, to comment on this post."

But I agree with you here. After reading it, I did portray it as a developer's take.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by starboy7
to all the guys having problems w/ defensive ai, would u mind posting some details of ur defensive strategy? the reason i ask is bcuz i've been playing this series the past 10 years (just like the rest of u) & i don't have hardly any of the probs u guys are having (playing on heisman). my db's & lb's cover just as i called. i get penetration w/ my linemen. no robo-qb (at least as i can recall). i even force bad passes that miss the reciever & hit the ground. heck, i even have clipping called often! let's discuss strategy a little a & maybe we can alieviate some of the things u've been seeing too often.
You're obviously playing the PS2 game then right? If so, you made a safe and wise decision, as the current gen games absolutely blow.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I gotta say, I read the guys post and read up until AA posts. From there on out I did not. I wanted to comment to AA, I am not sure about everyone else but from MY point-of-view I am getting very annoyed with your "High & Mighty" post. Lately I have seen some of the most "my view is the only view" type posts from you. You REALLY need to step down and not be so quick to be this asshat that you have been coming off as when someone says something u don't agree with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #22
Banned

The post is the result of 3 possible causes:

1. It's a simple troll thread designed to raise AA's blood pressure

2. The guy smoked a huge pile of the sticky icky, got the munchies, ate 2 bags of doritos, got thirsty (Doritos make you thirsty!) drank 2 gallons of Tropical Punch Kool-Aid (mmmm....), got his second wind, wolfed down some chunky monkey Ben & Jerry's, and then, after all that and in the midst of some nasty heartburn....decided to post this Greatful Dead-esque rant about "It's youuu mannnn, it's allll youuuu.....don't you see mannnn.....you just gotta.........it's all about the sky mannn, and the trees duuuude.....yeah man.....pass the blount....

3. The guy is just a space cadet and does this for fun, and even believes he's on to something.

In any case, you gotta come a little more correct when you start talking about how smart you are. If you can't flesh out your 'discovery' then don't bother. No one likes a half-a$$, as my Grandaddy used to say.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I gotta say, I read the guys post and read up until AA posts. From there on out I did not. I wanted to comment to AA, I am not sure about everyone else but from MY point-of-view I am getting very annoyed with your "High & Mighty" post. Lately I have seen some of the most "my view is the only view" type posts from you. You REALLY need to step down and not be so quick to be this asshat that you have been coming off as when someone says something u don't agree with.

Com'on Phobia.....AA didn't cross any lines here. I mean really, do you think this guy was talking gibberish or not?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #24
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
The post is the result of 3 possible causes:

1. It's a simple troll thread designed to raise AA's blood pressure

2. The guy smoked a huge pile of the sticky icky, got the munchies, ate 2 bags of doritos, got thirsty (Doritos make you thirsty!) drank 2 gallons of Tropical Punch Kool-Aid (mmmm....), got his second wind, wolfed down some chunky monkey Ben & Jerry's, and then, after all that and in the midst of some nasty heartburn....decided to post this Greatful Dead-esque rant about "It's youuu mannnn, it's allll youuuu.....don't you see mannnn.....you just gotta.........it's all about the sky mannn, and the trees duuuude.....yeah man.....pass the blount....

3. The guy is just a space cadet and does this for fun, and even believes he's on to something.

In any case, you gotta come a little more correct when you start talking about how smart you are. If you can't flesh out your 'discovery' then don't bother. No one likes a half-a$$, as my Grandaddy used to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »