Home

Patch 1 and 2 Info

This is a discussion on Patch 1 and 2 Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #57
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Patch 1 and 2 Info

Excellent news! After the Madden Forum Meltdown, I am a happy camper today.

The patch sounds like it will only make the game better. I am already having a good time with it, so I hope that just gets enhanced.

Thanks for the update OMT (and Taternuts ).
Old 08-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #58
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Excellent news! After the Madden Forum Meltdown, I am a happy camper today.

The patch sounds like it will only make the game better. I am already having a good time with it, so I hope that just gets enhanced.

Thanks for the update OMT (and Taternuts ).
The update was meant for everyone but you J-Unit, you get none as a gator fan

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

You patched just about everything that made the game terrible, at least for me. You just made my gaming year, if of course, a difference is actually shown in the patch.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #60
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
I have a 360. Does anyone know if these patches will be available on the silver account which is free?

I could understand the roster patch being on the gold account but if someone isn't interested in rosters it doesn't seem fair they would have to pay for a gold account to get a patch to fix a defective game.
Yes, it (the patches) will be available for us Silver members. Just make sure you are online and put your game in when the patch is out, and it will ask you to update.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #61
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I agree with whomever said that the issue with zone defense should help the pass rush.

As far as the man coverage of the HB this is where I've had to alter my playing style. In every edition of NCAA I've always controlled a DT or DE. Now I ALWAYS control the LB/DB who covers the back out of the backfield. This has helped me keep the CPU QB at 55-60%. Because I've been able to take that away I'm also seeing the CPU throw more deep balls and I'm getting more sacks. Probably 3-5 a game.

Maybe give it a shot.
That's the way I have always played, since that is what I have done for years, and that is what I am good at. That may be why I don't see the problems some people have mentioned concerning this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #62
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

Man, I am glad that they are fixing the CPU sliders and returns (hopefully PR which I think is the REAL problem one (not so much KR to me)). I can live with this game after this fix, even with its OL/DL flaw. In fact, I would go so far as to say I will really like it overall. It's not perfect of course, but with these fixes, it will be a pretty good game for me. I am still stewing over Madden 09 not having CPU sliders. Hopefully EA will be like OMT and the NCAA crew and listen to us, and respond to us (yes, I know they didn't address OL/DL play, but I think its "hard coded" into the game and has to do with the nano blitz problems of the past NCAA/Maddens. Maybe it is too complicated to fix for a patch.)
Old 08-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will the two patches work during an already started dynasty, or will we have to start over for the patches to work?
Old 08-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #64
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Will the two patches work during an already started dynasty, or will we have to start over for the patches to work?
2nd that question! * Crosses fingers* haha
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »