Home

When will EA add 1-aa teams?

This is a discussion on When will EA add 1-aa teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #33
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: When will EA add 1-aa teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by advisory
I'll second that. I appreciate it too. Even though I can sound frustrated at times.

I guess I just had it fixed in to my head as a little kid that anything was possible. And I kind of grew up thinking that an ULTIMATE football game could be out there and we had the ability to make it. But for marketing and financial reasons, it wasn't being made because companies rather drang along the evolution of it to maximize profits. By only coming out with several new features year after year, instead of just unloading everything all at once.

Sometimes it just feels like we're part of the herd and we're only being given a slightly bigger area to roam year after year instead of just getting it all at once to roam free as we wish. Bad analogy maybe, but that's what was vomited out of my mouth.
I'd love to give it you in one year. But that isn't possible. If you expand your dev team size, you begin to see diminishing returns. Also, who will buy a $300 video game?
Old 08-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

This isn't limited to EA. Any company that takes a franchise to a newer generation of consoles is going to see this. Compare GTA 4 with GTA: San Andreas. The map is 1/3 the size, the vehicles are reduced (ie no planes, bicycles, etc), there are less missions, etc. They added new features as well as bringing back as much old stuff as they could (cover system,lap dances) and we did the same (home field advantage, custom stadium sounds). Considering how many games they were going to sell, which set their budget, I was surprised at how lacking the game was at first. But then my game developer senses kicked in and it seemed to be the appropriate scope for the game.

Hey Adam. Any chance that NCAA could add lap dances as a new pitch option for persuading recruits to come to your school.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #35
Rookie

dhs22p's Arena

OVR: 9

OMT thanks for posting your thoughts on this issue. I like to play with FCS teams and would love to see as many as possible on this game. I think it would be cool for this coming year that you guys could get all the conferences that are eligible for the playoffs on the game and let us create the rest of the teams if we want. I hope guys make a great create a team this coming year so we can do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #36
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Just lol at the thought of someone lol that disk storage was an issue and being wrong...lol
Well, it IS an issue. But it isn't something that we can't figure out how to get around. However, it would have an impact on the overall cost of the feature.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #37
Rookie

dhs22p's Arena

I guess I forgot that there are 2 conferences that you guys would have on that are not eligible for the playoffs.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #38
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Do you really think this is an EA thing? There are countless franchises that have made the transition to next gen and have suffered from a lighter feature set to get the project done across all game companies. I mean, 2K's football game didn't even have a multi season mode.
When it comes to football games specifically, I would have to say yes. Why? Because EA has bought all the licenses. And as for APF, it was one and done...so there's really nothing to say about them. I mean I could compare Madden 06 to APF, in terms of what game had what in it...but I won't. It's not a fair comparison.

As for all other game companies, I understand your point...and I agree. However, when I buy other games, I don't see a lot of these blatant "issues/problems" that seem to be present in NCAA (can't speak for Madden yet). And I'm not talking about new features either. It just leaves the gamer with the sense that they got hoodwinked. Then when the gamer still sees that old stuff isn't "in the game" coupled with these issues, then it really starts to get people upset. If all this stuff worked as intended, people wouldn't be crying about all this other stuff as much.

The point I was trying to get at when I brought up the Xbox720/PS4 is that sooner or later, something is going to have to change. OMT, as you have said, the complexity for the next gen systems is already really high. It's going to be 10x more complex with the next release of systems...and the expectations are going to be just as high, if not higher.

My last point is that EA needs to do a better job of managing expectations. OMT, as you have already stated, disk space as of right now is basically full. Which really means that we aren't going to be seeing a bunch of "new" stuff until the next release of systems OR stuff starts getting taken out of the game. It's just a little irritating to know that this is the 3rd iteration of NCAA for next gen and the game is already maxed out...
Old 08-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #39
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Disk space issues would be fixed if you guys dev'd on blu-ray.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #40
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah.

I knew it! My opinion: The 360 is holding next gen games back. EA is intentionally holding back the the progress of Madden and NCAA because the 360's disk space limitations! They can't make the Ps3 version better because the 360's user base is so large and lucrative, so we have to settle for less features and no 1-AA schools. OMT, how long before we see Madden and NCAA use the PS3's full power?

Note: This post is not intended to spark a PS3 vs. 360 argument

Last edited by EAreaper26; 08-02-2008 at 10:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »